Kent Velo Girls Sportive - 17 April

Hi

I hope that it is OK to promote a sportive on here - first time I've ventured onto this area of the board.

My wife's club (Kent Velo Girls) is organising their inaugural sportive on 17 April 2011, based around Bewl Water in Kent (SE of Tunbridge Wells), offering 20/40/60 mile options, and something for the kids, too.

Although a ladies cycling club, and the club has the aim of promoting ladies' road cycling, the event is open to all - men are asked to wear at least one visible item of pink - so some Rapha should fit the bill :wink:

Details and entries hereand some (not totally accurate) Cycling Weekly coverage here

Also, any suggestions where else I might successfully (and within any local rules) promote this online would be gratefully received.

Comments

• triolly
    triolly Posts: 15
    It's good to see a women's sportive that isn't charging a fortune to enter but is still in aid of a good cause. I have persuaded my wife to enter and she is really looking forward to it. She is also hoping to win something in the raffle as the prizes look really good.

It's nice to see a small independent club run event getting support from some big names too.
  • I'm a current entrant for the 60m course and looking forward to a day in pink on my bike. The more girls' and boys' turning Kent pink for Breast Cancer Campaign the better, sign up now.
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    My wife was well up for this but it's a bit far to travel, but now I know it's open to men in pink too I'll have to re-check the calendar!
  • A few more details that may be helpful:

:arrow: There are some raffle prizes: a Specialized road bike; a signed Team Sky jersey; Rapha clothing; Specialized clothing; books; and more... Each participant gets a raffle ticket with their entry and more will be available to buy on the day.

:arrow: Children aged 6 -16 can have a go at Go-ride activities (not on the road) and can even borrow a bike from British Cycling on the day.

:arrow: The entry includes a donation to the Breast Cancer Campaign.[/list]

The route maps are available on my post over on LFGSS

Still happy to hear of other places where this might usefully be posted