The good guys were against me on the way home!

CRAIGO5000
CRAIGO5000 Posts: 697
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Doing around 20mph through a junction with a car waiting to turn across my path on the opposite side of the road - and my light is on green. I then notice this car proceed to make his/her turn right across my path! I jump on the brakes and start to wobble out in the middle of the junction and he 'luckily for me' notices me at the last minute and locks up with the car lurching forward. I made it around the front of the bonnet with about a metre to spare and to my surprise it was an Astra police car! My shouting of "WOAH!" was nearly something censored and I resorted to a simple shake of the head as I continued my journey.

Some 5 miles later and I'm nearly home when a cyclist in high vis with lights and helmet on pulls out from a cross junction straight across my path and then proceeds to brake right in front of me like I wasn't even there!? Again I had to clamp on the anchors rather aggressively and swerve into the road around him.

I'm not in the city centre so why the hell is this happening to me? Twice in one day is two times too many! My lights are LED and very bright and I've got hi vis too. I'll put it down to a coincidence.
Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3

Comments

• Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    You must have done somthing bad to someone good - Karma is out to get you!

Good luck with that
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • Maxticate
    Maxticate Posts: 193
    Karma is bollocks.

Craig like you say you just got unlucky. It's all just chance/probabilities.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Have you ever watched "The Game" ?
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • CRAIGO5000
    CRAIGO5000 Posts: 697
    Yeah I guess it's coincidence. At least I have had all mine now for the next 12 months :lol:

I just noticed that there is a rant thread for these issues - I'll use that next time but I hope that isn't any-time soon.
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Bad things happen in threes, watch out for number 3!

Fingers crossed for you!

At least I'm not superstitious.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Blue Meanie
    Blue Meanie Posts: 495
    I rode home to find a BMW turning right into my street ( I'm coming the other way so it's left for me) which is used by locals to do u-turns, which he then proceeded to do:
    He swung right into a drive, then reversed out, then checked his shoulder to find my track-standing in his way - when we got eye contact I shouted "Boo!" and smiled.
    I reckon he'll look next time, as I say it's mainly locals.
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc