Moffat Toffee Travelling from Glasgow

bhoyjim
bhoyjim Posts: 15
Anyone going down to Moffat for this and got room for one more ? based in the East End but can/will travel also share petrol costs.

Comments

• Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I'm not doing the Moffat Toffee, jim, but if you're doing the Potter for Tea on 14th May ...
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • bhoyjim
    Thanks for the offer Crapaud, but i was hoping to do the Snow Rds on the same day, however with my plans for a 200 this weekend up in the air it doesn't look likely i'll make a 300, last one also got called off the Moulin Moors 150 (snowed that wekend) so the last event i made was the Hell sorry Tour of East Lothian, do you do a lot of Audaxing yourself ? if so anytime your going to an event and have spare room i'll quite happily share costs with you.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    So far I've only done some of the shorter distances over in Angus - brilliant cycling xountry and very scenic. I've got aspirations in the longer distances, but I suffer from similar problems to you. Something always comes along and scuppers my plans. Lately it's been lack of cycling fitness. It doesn't help that I work at the weekends.

The Snow Roads is one that's been on my to do list for a couple of years now. I've just challenged the Mighty W to do it next year as motivation for getting off my arse.

Travelling to events is a pain if you don't have a car. One way round it is to travel through the day before and stay in a B'n'B or camp. It does take up a whole weekend though.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • bhoyjim
    Crapaud wrote:
    So far I've only done some of the shorter distances over in Angus - brilliant cycling xountry and very scenic. I've got aspirations in the longer distances, but I suffer from similar problems to you. Something always comes along and scuppers my plans. Lately it's been lack of cycling fitness. It doesn't help that I work at the weekends.

The Snow Roads is one that's been on my to do list for a couple of years now. I've just challenged the Mighty W to do it next year as motivation for getting off my ars*.

Travelling to events is a pain if you don't have a car. One way round it is to travel through the day before and stay in a B'n'B or camp. It does take up a whole weekend though.

Aye that's the real pain getiing to events, it's hard enough being away for most of the day as it is, but if i was to ask the missus for a full weekend away there would be trouble there :lol:
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    How'd Ya all get on? Had entered this but found myself in London. Emirates Staduim? Mmmmmmmmm