iMoto - Iphone App

mattgoodman
mattgoodman Posts: 15
edited March 2011 in Road beginners
Hi, does anyone use the iphone app 'iMoto' to communicate on long rides?

Thanks, Matt

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    No, sorry.

This is your first post. Is it your app?
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • If you mean did i create the app, then no. I found it on the app store.

Basically i find it hard to communicate with my ride partner... we can rarely ride side by side, due to small roads, traffic etc. So originally i was going to buy some walkie talkies with headsets... but i search the App store and found this app that let's you talk via bluetooth, so within 25m. It was marketed as being for motorbike riders... but i tried it last night and it was excellent. Didn't lose connection, and we could clearly speak to each other as we rode. Would recommend if anyone else has the same issue.

Matt
  • Bar Shaker
    Apologies Matt, we do get spammed occasionally.

The app looks good actually, I'll give it a go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OumIqjUfoA&feature=related for anyone interested.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • No, that's ok. I can't stand that stuff myself!

As I said, was about to spend £40 on walkie talkies, so £1.19 for this is great! I wasn't sure if this issue was a common problem, as I couldn't find any solutions on the web. Will report back on progress, but so far so good after short 15 mile ride last night. Even better, I had Cyclemeter (Brilliant GPS app) and imoto running at the same time, and battery usage was pretty good.
  • Bar Shaker
    I am off snowboarding with a mate tomorrow. I will try it out on the mountain.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro