Rider Lists

KidsCan
KidsCan Posts: 104
Hi All,

We’ve been asked to put a link on PEAK 100’s website for a list of riders taking part.

As you are seasoned pros when it comes to sportives, audaxes and the like, does having a list of people taking part sway you to take part or not?

If you see loads of people taking part does that put you off, or make you want to join?
Or if you didn’t know how many people were taking part would you have second thoughts about signing up?

We didn’t do a riders list for The Macc Monster last October, but I’ve been informed it’s what many of you come to expect when you sign up to a cycle.

What are your thoughts?
Thanks,

KidsCan

Comments

• Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    A rider list is a nice to have...especially for us paranoids out there who are convinced their entry has got lost in the ether :wink:

The down side could be that until entries reach a critical mass and others get encouraged to put theirs in then what appears to be a small entry list would stop some people from entering (Classic Catch 22).

Saying that a massive field entry could work the other way and put others off…potential feedstop depletion, large numbers of cyclists on narrow roads etc.

Personally, I saw the entry numbers on your Kidscan website before I entered and thought it was reasonable considering the time to go before the event. So, yes, it was one factor in making a decision to enter and therefore useful. The main driver though was that it looks to be a good event.

Just need to get some more training in for those hills... :lol:
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    Mike67 wrote:
    A rider list is a nice to have...especially for us paranoids out there who are convinced their entry has got lost in the ether :wink:
    :

+1

I'm paranoid as well. I like making sure I'm there.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4