Route advice Selhurst to Liverpool Street

submers
submers Posts: 14
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Does this look like a reasonable daily route from Selhurst to Liverpool Street and back, any advice or alternatives welcome?

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/30191868

Comments

• PO Paul
    PO Paul Posts: 114
    I travel from Thornton Heath to Old Street and have done for a few years. I've tried a number of routes via Crystal Palace, West Norwood, Herne Hill, etc, but the one I settled on and use all the time is from the Thornton Heath High Street area, take Parchmore Road, follow it right along Green Lane and then turn right on to Streatham High Road. Follow this all the way along (virtually a straight road) through Streatham and Brixton. When you reach the Oval, turn right and go through Kennington, up to the Elephant and Castle, where I pick up just after number 13 on your map/route. The rest of my route is the same as yours from then on, just a bit further up to Old Street. My route is about 10.2 miles and takes about 40 minutes.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    submers wrote:
    Does this look like a reasonable daily route from Selhurst to Liverpool Street and back, any advice or alternatives welcome?

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/30191868

Looks OK to me. I might be tempted to go straight on at Gipsy Hill, then right at the big roundabout and first left at the mini roundabout before heading down to College Road. But otherwise, looks fine.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    at Dulwich if you can make your way down Crystal Palace Rd you can cut through Peckham, onto the Old Kent Rd and cut up through Bermondsey at the big tesco and you'll come out by Tower Bridge. I find that much quicker than Walworth Rd and London Bridge.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    at Dulwich if you can make your way down Crystal Palace Rd you can cut through Peckham, onto the Old Kent Rd and cut up through Bermondsey at the big tesco and you'll come out by Tower Bridge. I find that much quicker than Walworth Rd and London Bridge.

Peckham High Street currently closed, which makes that way a total p.i.t.a.
  • submers
    submers Posts: 14
    Thanks for the replies everyone much appreciated, I'll let you know how I get on and which route I settle into.