Help, I'm addicted.....

ashleymp777
ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
edited March 2011 in MTB general
....to buying cycling magazines! WhatMTB, MBR, MBUK, Cycling Weekly.....the list goes on! I just cant resist them.

Has anyone had this addicition, and how were you cured?

Comments

• use the forum more... most of the stuff in MBUK and WMB ends up on the features on here lol.

Unless you want the free gifts that is!
  • supafly1982
    supafly1982 Posts: 631
    and spend the money you save on bits for your bike ;)
  • I also have these addictions, It was first to some art graphics mags, then to photography mags, then to cycling mags.. the worst part was I never actually finsihed any of them!!

I limited myself by just not browsing WHSmith anymore..!!
  • ashleymp777
    I've tried, I've tried but i still find myself buying them! Ahhhhhh

As for the bikes, there's nothing else I need for them :-(
  • supafly1982
    supafly1982 Posts: 631
    spares for the future, you know the ones.... well i might need these :lol:
  • ashleymp777
    OMG! I'm going to have to start 'Magazines annonymous'. Although that does sound a bit suspicious! ha
  • d3matt
    d3matt Posts: 510
    Subscribe to one and then don't go into the newsagents anymore. Saved me a fortune.

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    ....to buying cycling magazines! WhatMTB, MBR, MBUK, Cycling Weekly.....the list goes on! I just cant resist them.

Has anyone had this addicition, and how were you cured?

I wasn't. PS Singletrack, Privateer :wink:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    I used to have the same problem. Every time I went home from the pub I'd wake up with a few new magazines on the floor, not biking mags if I'm honest :lol: to cure it I stopped going into the 24 hour garages on the way home and realised the internet had a much better variety!

When I look in WH Smith I do have to stop and think how many bike/car mags are in the reading pile before I buy a new one. There's probably a few around my flat that I've never even opened which is just daft.
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Don't go near shops, worked for me.

I also started reading books, I know that sounds a bit weird, but it means that I always have something I want to read on me when going through airports or stations so I'm not tempted by the mag's.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474

As for the bikes, there's nothing else I need for them :-(

Lies. There's a always an extra bit of bling that everybody "needs" for their bike. :lol: