On one carbon 456 build, yes another one.

Bred2shred
Bred2shred Posts: 306
edited April 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Finally got some new forks letting me get my build on the go.

I bought the mixer option so had my lbs fit the headset a couple of weeks ago and i fitted a nice gold Hope seat post clamp.

29q1m4o.jpg

Then on go the forks and a 70mm gold cnc stem also from on one. Head tube is short so i'm short some spacer, haven't decided whether to use carbon or gold alloy ones.

34oyexv.jpg
bg1awg.jpg

Next is the on one dh bars and thomson layback post.

35lf24h.jpg

And last thing i managed to fit for tonight was the chainset.

dmv4vn.jpg

Most of the rest of the parts are being donored from my current frame which has been stripped and a just need to clean and service the bits.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comments

• getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    gold spacers. i love these frames, you can choose gold or red depending on which decals you choose.
  • dc71
    dc71 Posts: 170
    Keep the 456's coming! Nice start, what wheels are you planning on? Would love to see this with gold-spoke Industry9 AM wheels.

+1 for gold spacers (or maybe a mix) but only if you can get ones colour matched with the stem.
  • Bred2shred
    Wheels are coming off my other bike and are a bit of a miss match, but at least the front hub is a gold hope one. New wheels are in the pipeline once funds allow.

Will order some gold spacers and gold and black lockon grips from superstar.
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Lovely bikes, I had one for 6 months, it was great fun to ride :)

Look forward to seeing the full build!
  • dc71
    I have visions of the trails in UK being full of long convoys of carbon 456's!

Think I may have the only one in Singapore. Am looking at gold spacers for mine too. Injured myself playing footy last wknd so couldn't try it with the new grips and stem. Can't wait to get out on it.

BTW anyone looking for tyres for this bike, I'm well impressed with the Onza 2.25's so far especially the Canis.
  • Bred2shred
    A little update, grips and spacers arrived the other day and i'll be picking up new gear cables and outers tomorrow then trying to figure out how to the kink out of my rear brake hose without having to strip the thing to bits.

Nearly there though. :D

2ic064m.jpg

kbdbao.jpg

24bq4qa.jpg

2wrogm8.jpg
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    drop the stem down a few spacers and then put a black one either side of the stem, to break the gold up a little... will look mint then
    I like bikes and stuff
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    That stem and spacer combo is blingtastic.
  • Bred2shred
    Think you might be right there josh. :)

mt7ywi.jpg
  • Bred2shred
    Mmmmm, in saying that it now looks like a bumble bee's arse. :lol:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    :lol:

try running the stem below a couple of spacers and running a black spacer either side of the stem... that would look cool... so long as you want to lower the stem a little...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Booo, it was much more chavtastic with all gold ;)

However it does look better with the black ones thrown in there.
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    Looks good, little to much gold up front I think.

My frame is sat in the garage with all the rid bits ready to be built. Seems to be lots of us building them but still not sen one on a trail yet.
  • Scalpel_79
    Scalpel_79 Posts: 147
    joshtp wrote:
    drop the stem down a few spacers and then put a black one either side of the stem, to break the gold up a little... will look mint then

+1
    I was just thinking the exact same thing- sort that sofa out as well and it is a bomber
  • dc71
    +2 on the spacers and the saddle. Deserves a nice sleek Charge Spoon or a Fizik..
    What travel are your forks at? Should have a bit of room to lower the stem by 1 spacer, as those bars have a fair rise on them
  • Bred2shred
    Bike now finally up and running, no other immediate changes planned until i've had a proper ride on it tomorrow and i see how these high rise bars feel out on the trails. New wheels are scheduled but wont be for a couple of months yet.

2dkcpqh.jpg

o6gxau.jpg

28bbas9.jpg

Frame: On One Carbon 456 16"
    Forks: Rockshox Revelation Race 140mm
    Bars: On One riser bars
    Stem: On One Ultralight cnc 70mm
    Headset: On One smoothie mixer tapered
    Grips: Superstar Supagrip Grey with gold lockon and end caps

Front Brake: Shimano M575
    Front disc: Shimano 160mm
    Rear Brake: Shimano M575
    Rear Disc: Shimano 160mm

Shifters: Deore
    Cables: Deore
    Front Mech: SLX
    Rear Mech: XT Shadow

Seat: WTB Speed V Sport SE
    Seat Post: Thomson Elite Layback
    Seat Post Clamp: Hope gold

Cranks: SLX Triple
    Chain: KMC HG53
    Cassette: Deore (11-32, 9spd)
    Pedals: Kona Jackshit Deluxe
    Bottom Bracket: SLX

Front Wheel:
    Rim: Alex AL-DX32
    Hub: Hope Pro II
    Tire: Maxxis ignitor

Back Wheel:
    Rim: Sun Blackeye
    Hub: Shimano M525 disc
    Tire: Maxxis ignitor

Weight: Around 27lbs (Crappy luggage scales)