Shoe fitting in London

superkenners
superkenners Posts: 169
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
Need to get some new shoes but struggling to find anything that fits comfortably at the moment, would like to get a proper fitting and perhaps shell out for some Sidi's.

Anyone have any ideas on the best place for this in London?
Allez
Brompton
Krypton
T-130

Never tell her how much it costs ......

Comments

• pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    Condor
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    pete54 wrote:
    Condor

To find out what style and size fits you, then buy online for a significant cost saving.
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    pete54 wrote:
    Condor

To find out what style and size fits you, then buy online for a significant cost saving.

and then, a year from now, find that all the bike shops have gone bust and there's nowhere to get your free advice.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    We've stopped holding sidi because we cannot be bothered to offer a free shoe fitting service any more...
  • Well looks like Condor it is then! Although looking at the website they only seem to do Mavic's, would be nice to have a bit more variety
    Allez
    Brompton
    Krypton
    T-130

Never tell her how much it costs ......
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    You could try Cyclefit who stock Mavic,Shimano and Lake and do the Sidas footbeds as well which you may/may not need or want. Each of those brands has it's own cachet but Lake are quietly building a reputation with their high end shoe which is custom fitted via heating and has better drillings for certain pedals
    M.Rushton
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Sigma in Kingston stock them.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    Condor sell Sidi, Shimano and Specialized.

I went in there with my girlfriend to buy some road shoes recently and the guy was very helpful finding a pair that fitted correctly. She ended up with a very nice pair of Sidi Genius, which were in the sale.

Cycle Surgery and Evans just bring out whatever size you ask for and leave you to it.
  • anyuser
    anyuser Posts: 51
    +1 for Condor, they also stock Sidi in half sizes, helpful with fitting and trying on different ones. i ended up buying 44.5 Sidi Dominators from them. They also gave me 10% LCC discount.
  • twoodley
    twoodley Posts: 80
    De Ver Cycles in Streatham High Road stock Sidi
    Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1
  • huuregeil
    huuregeil Posts: 780
    Condor also stock Northwave. The guy who does the shoe fitting is good and will be straight with you about what might fit/be suitable. Currently quite a few pairs on sale too.
  • sigma sport do sidi's and a fit