Shorts for big waist

kev2b3
kev2b3 Posts: 159
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Can anyone tell me where i can buy baggy mtb cycling shorts for very large people.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    HOW large is very large, most go to an XL, likes of wiggle/CRC etc etc

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    agreed without knowing how big you mean we cant help.
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    I know quite a few brands including Sugoi and Corinne Dennis do XXL but I'm sure the sizing options must go above that.

Gaz has been through most sizes from 15 stone up to 38 stone so should probably be able to help though. Can't remember his name on here but his website is :
    http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/
  • kev2b3
    kev2b3 Posts: 159
    my waist is 44" and most cycling shorts xxl are too small for me. Tried most of the well known brands but found nothing just wondering if there is a special cycling clothes shops in the uk that dealer with larger people
  • chunkytfg
    kev2b3 wrote:
    my waist is 44" and most cycling shorts xxl are too small for me. Tried most of the well known brands but found nothing just wondering if there is a special cycling clothes shops in the uk that dealer with larger people

WHy do you need MTB shorts? Is it a modesty thing over lycra?

I'm 19.5 stone with a 44'' waist and wear bib shorts/tights exclusively on the bike. All I do is bung a pair of cheap tracksuit type shorts over the top of them. you can get them from you standard JD sports type shop. Lonsdale do xxl which will be fine.

As for the lycra. DHB from wiggle do xxxl and www.predas.co.uk do some 4xl shorts which will both fit fine.

If you have the money Assos do a size called TIR which is XXL but wider as there sizes are done on height. Not tried em myself but thinking about it.
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Nowt to add just fixing the linky in the post above: http://www.prendas.co.uk
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • chunkytfg
    cheers jon.
    FCN 7

FCN 4

• jonginge
    chunkytfg wrote:
    cheers jon.
    No problem, sir.

Nice debut time on the RP 3LC thread BTW :D
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • chunkytfg
    TO be fair I put a time up in jan of 76 mins or do you mean the TT thread?
    FCN 7

FCN 4

• jonginge
    Ah, that's me not paying attention/reading properly, As you were. :)
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides