*Tumbleweed* Afternoon crudders

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited March 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Aint done a single bit of work since 11am :D , the department is practically dead... No doubt 5hitload of work will come down after 2pm
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    You're obviously very bored Mr. D!
    Now make yourself useful and stick the kettle on... unless you have a vending machine at work
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Mostly work in VAT these days and doing a load of spreadsheets, thousands of lines of data, and my head is starting to hurt. Also the rest of the team has gone on strike for tea making :(
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    Does everyone work in an office on this forum?!

I could see it in the roadie section but I would have thought there would have been more hands on man jobs with mountain bikers. :?
  • projectsome
    You're obviously very bored Mr. D!
    Now make yourself useful and stick the kettle on... unless you have a vending machine at work
    :lol: It doesn't do hot drinks.
  • Thewaylander
    Indeed, I been thinking of learning brick laying or summat, office work sucks ass.

I have to deal with a bunch of arrogant ass accountants. They piss me off wanna be rich kids :s
  • projectsome
    D-Cyph3r wrote:

I could see it in the roadie section but I would have thought there would have been more hands on man jobs with mountain bikers. :?

If I did a hands on job, I'd have less energy to use on the bike.

The same theory applies to partying.
  • WisePranker
    WisePranker Posts: 823
    D-Cyph3r wrote:

No. Personally I can't think of anything duller than working in an office :)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    D-Cyph3r wrote:

Did you think before you typed this?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • projectsome
    Indeed, I been thinking of learning brick laying or summat, office work sucks ass.

I have to deal with a bunch of arrogant ass accountants. They wee-wee me off wanna be rich kids :s

Some people in my office are cnuts indeed but then can't argue with getting money for doing things I could probably do blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847

I have to deal with a bunch of arrogant ass accountants. They wee-wee me off wanna be rich kids :s

Hey i'm not knocking office work. If I could give up working on building sites to sit in a cushty chair drinking tea and coffee all day i'd do it in a heartbeat (building game is a load of wank right now, no matter your trade), just was surprised is all.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    D-Cyph3r wrote:

Oh Hai!

This afternoon, I am mostly "mind mapping" - which means lots of slacking and looking deep in thought...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    D-Cyph3r wrote:

:?

nope, i just slack a lot and surf the net on my laptop/phone when i should be monitoring sound levels and checking powerpoint presentations :lol:
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Sadly I am an office based person.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    i get best of both really, stuck in a bunker until "a inportant site visit is need :wink: " but is harder to justify leaving the office when i have a minion here :cry:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Good afternoon, not had a rant for a while and I think this afternoons events just about justify a small one.

Spent the day helping my gran out now that I'm back from uni. Cycled over because the weather is so lovely, had an incident on the way back though and an almost incident. Completely forgot drivers outside of London are oblivious to cyclists.

First one the driver was a near miss and the driver was very apologetic, to be fair I could see he was going to turn across me and had slowed down to let him, then he noticed I was there and slammed on the brakes and sadly stopped in front of me, I managed to stop fairly easily. No harm done, he said he was a cyclist himself and seemed quite upset with himself for being so unaware.

Rant time :twisted:

Second time I was turning left into my road, it's down a hill, quite an open turn, and some dozy cow coming up the main road decided she was going to turn right as I was turning left, I'd signalled, she hadn't fucking bothered to indicate, and I ended up bumping along the side of her car (and scratching it with the bars :roll: )and it really quite hurt my knee before I fell off into the road, only grazed nothing serious thankfully.

On the plus side she swerved away from me and rubbed her alloys along the kerb a good few metres, they looked pretty farked from a cosmetic point of view.

Then she started yelling at me, fortunately shut up when I started to completely over react and suggested I'd need her insurance details in case of damage to the bike and she might like to call and ambulance for me. She promptly apologised and drove off. Stupid fucking bitch less fucking brains than a fucking stupid cunt of a fucking cow fucking embryo. Bet her husband won't be happy with the scratches on the car. My fucking pedals now have 2 fucking fucked up fucking pins because of that stupid fucking fucktard.

Rant over :lol:

Anyway when I graduate I've deciceded she's the sort of person that when I go to euthanase their dog I'll acidently jab them instead, or when I shoot their horse I'll "miss" and hit their car.
  • Thewaylander
    Cheers who ever edited my bad language lol.

My office chums are annoying me today. And Bird just sit back and sigh with pleasure that the bill for her wheels alone is gonna be over £100 :P and then the rest hehe
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,021
    It edits itself.

Today has been productive, plotting a ride around cannock tomorrow!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    this afternoon has not been too bad, i kind of like working in an office, especially after 10 years on the shop floor of an aricraft hangar constantly thinking redundancy was round the corner.

plue my office job lets me head to the lab and build shizzle now and then!

gym session followed by an 8k run tonight as my rear wheel hasnt been fixed in the shop, bummers!!
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    I have some homework for Spanish class to do and a contract to look through and pick the crap out to justify to a lawyer why we're not signing it. Had a wee 20k ride this morning before work which was lovely (more people about than I'd have liked but weather was perfect)
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon Crudwits

Well I popped to decathlon today and picked up some cycling baggy shorts with a detatchable liner.....4 quid!!!!!!! also got some socks and a 1litre camelback type thingy all in all came to 16 notes, so other than a bike thats Mrs G kitted out

I then went to the gym and I'm pretty sure I've pulled a muscle in my back, which is not good, esp last time it took weeks to get right again
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    D-Cyph3r wrote:

Nope, hospital ward or swimming baths for me.

Good Afternoon All, today I went to a sign language lecture which didn't actually teach any sign language which was annoying.

Now for a bit of uni work and catching up on tv.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    D-Cyph3r wrote:

no, i work in a school, i suppose the classroom bits are like working in an office though :?
  • D-Cyph3r wrote:

no, i work in a school, i suppose the classroom bits are like working in an office though :?
    - Lord help us Sheeps in a school... :shock:

Also I work in a Laboratory...
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I don't really work at all, I sit around and listen to people tell me stuff all day, then go poke animals and pretend I know what I'm talking about, then go and try to remember whatever it is I happen to have been told, about whatever it is whoever was talking at me was talking about.

Occasionally I write stuff down if it feels important enough. I'm very good at writing shopping lists.