Merlin cycles Funeral service..

blablablacksheep
blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
edited March 2011 in MTB general
Il try exsplain why the topic called this, had a wied package delivered today..

Ordered some stuff from merlin cycles and early this morning the postman came and knocked on door.

Opened door to find him with a package, asking me to sign for it.

naturally i checked who it addressed to...heres what it said.

"Co-operative Funeral service
my address details"

errr whats with the address i asked, the postman pretty much looking at me with a "wtf package this small doing with a funeral service on it " :shock:

anyhow i get random mail sometimes so wanted to check what it was, and sisne the package was allready opened...... :roll:

I checked with him there, funny enough its the bike parts i ordered.

Postman said sometimes companys try skip duty taxor what-not by sending packages and stuff through other companys so they share the costs but still i find this very wied.

merlin cycles funeral service anyone?
London2Brighton Challange 100k!
http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners

Comments

• Iwingstein
    Iwingstein Posts: 111
    Might be a security thing - if package said Merlin Cycles on the outside some scrote might be tempted to open it.

If it might have someones ashes, possiblilty goes down I'd suggest.

ATB

Simon
  • Contact Merlin and ask them.

agreebyrd.gif
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Contact Merlin and ask them.

Why on earth would you do that? Clearly we would have the answer to why this has occured.
  • i dont mind it, just a big wied having funeral services on the package and it being allready semi opened very strange.

ofc the stuff inside was fine, though not packaged up just bubble rapped as most of merlin gear useally arrives so nothin too strange there

wied though having co-op funeral services, gota remember to let postman know its bike gear, before people start wondering why i getting funeral packages :wink:
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • supafly1982
    supafly1982 Posts: 631
    i dont mind it, just a big wied having funeral services on the package and it being allready semi opened very strange.

ofc the stuff inside was fine, though not packaged up just bubble rapped as most of merlin gear useally arrives so nothin too strange there

wied though having co-op funeral services, gota remember to let postman know its bike gear, before people start wondering why i getting funeral packages :wink:

were the parts a bit dusty? :lol:
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    maybe the saw your death in a bicycle related way while the boys in the workshop made a cup of tea and were warning you.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I had my funeral in Co-op. It was great. Lots of people turned up, and four of them ACTUALLY shat themselves when I jumped out and shouted SURPRISE!
  • complain to Wiggle