back in the saddle, spring at last!

dcurzon
dcurzon Posts: 290
edited March 2011 in Commuting general
After a winter lay-off, its been nice to get back in the saddle this week :) my health hasnt been too good for the past few months, and despite still suffering from it, i am actually feeling better than i have done in ages!
Unfortunately, my health issues have seriously hampered my training. I'm doinf the London Marathon next month on behalf of the Outward Bound Trust, but havent been able to do any training recently. I'm hoping that some time in the saddle will help, and now spring seems to be here and i'm sure many more cyclists will be getting back into it!

as a side note, i'm low on my target sponsorship for the marathon. If anyone would like to donate to what i consider to be a fantastic cause, any donations would be muchly appreciated! It can be done online at: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/darrencurzon
B'Twin Sport 1
FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)

Comments

• dcurzon
    i was hoping to get all 5 days in this week, 11 miles each way, and my first ever 100+ miles per week, but my a*rse is sore so decided to take a day off.

Any recomendations on a saddle? Is the Charge Spoon still considered a decent commute saddle?
    B'Twin Sport 1
  • dcurzon
    i'm going back to my leper community
    B'Twin Sport 1
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Charge spoon is the one to stick with, if I'm out the saddle for a while the sitbones do get a bit tender for a few days until they 'man up'.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.