MTB pants, no pockets?

Phillw454
Phillw454 Posts: 101
edited March 2011 in MTB general
Sorry can possibly fit in other sections but guessed here was as good as anywhere.

I recently got some no fear spectrum pants off a friend, great pants for free imo. But 0 pockets. How do you tend to carry your phone, keys etc with no pockets in most DH pants?

I don't really want to ride with a back pack if i can help it unless someone knows of one that doesn't jump about or weigh you down.

I have jerseys with back zips but being as my iphone is expensive and the mud etc thown over my back kind of seems a bad idea and I would prefer not to run with a 2 ft mud guard.

Just wonderd if anyone has any new methods of carrying phones and keys etc, eg sewing pockets on, shorts under the trousers any such like?

Again sorry for the silly questions

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    camel back.

or look at some freeride shorts they tend to have pockets.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Phillw454
    Phillw454 Posts: 101
    I am not a huge fan of shorts as I don't have any shin/knee guards right now but I feel that is the way to go and I'll just have to put my hand in my pocket. That said anyone who can recommend a good pair of shorts/ shin-knee pads? Thanks again
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    spectrum Pants OH longs...

no DH shorts/pants have pockets as you dont want or need them for DH as you dont actually ride anywhere.

but if i was riding anywhere there is no way i would be using those "pants" . had some fox 360 longs and not the greatest for pedalling.

re your question ask in the buying advice section.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • aidso
    aidso Posts: 493
    Saddle bag under...the saddle funny enough. I have a medium sized one and I can squish a spare tube, tyre leavers, security blanket, iphone, money, P7 Torch with extra battery, cable ties, car keys and some tissues. Pump goes in your jersey pocket with some "energy" and water goes in water bottle cage. Simples :)

Edit: One of these jobbies: http://www.bikedock.com/home?page=shop. ... saddle+bag