7stanes

Chris McG
Chris McG Posts: 189
edited March 2011 in Routes
I am planning a trip to Scotland at easter, to do the 7stanes trail centres.

I was wondering which are the best for riding similar to Afan/Glyncorrwyg, Wales? And which ones do people prefer?

Also what are the surfaces like after the winter? Some places down here in the south are terrible still.

And finally are there any other places in the area that are good for trails?

Thanks,
-Chris
"Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."

Comments

• GPierotti
    GPierotti Posts: 104
    I'm not sure which ones are similar to Welsh centres but i'd say go to Innerleithen and Glentress both they're both good and the surfaces should still be fine but muddy in a few places with recent rain. (called the rangers this week to check myself). Kirroughtree is also pretty good, really rocky there but the surfaces are pretty good.Glentrool only has blue and green routes so it's never appealed to me so i'm not sure about it. Mabie has a lot of work going on so i'd probably skip that (many trails closed or diverted) Ae is one i've not checked out yet but i reckon it'll be fine, most of the trail centres i've visited have been pretty good despite the weather. If you're a fan of tree roots i'd check out Drumlanrig its pretty close by but has mixed reviews.
    Tress and Inners are a must!!
  • Lizzie77
    Lizzie77 Posts: 53
    Out of all the 7stanes Newcastleton is the least popular but if your here and in the area why the hell not give it a blast. Still some good fast sections of downhill.

Also Kielder is good, well worth the trip!!!!
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro