What's yellow and dangerous?

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
edited March 2011 in Your mountain bikes
5544630845_87e174f1d3_b.jpg
Yellow bike by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Messing around with various parts and came up with this... Usually this is my official XC bike with light wheels, Revelations etc but here it's got the Lyriks off my Hemlock, and the 729 wheelset and DH tyres I use for uplifts and pushups. Half thinking of racing it in the next round of the alpine winter series at Innerleithen.

(It's a lot more fun to ride with the lightweight kit on though, feels absolutely dead with all that extra ironmongery)
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    lovely :D

i love my mmmbop, can't see me buying another bike to replace it for quite a while (which is amazing for me!). it just feels spot on for my riding.

what weight is that sitting at now? just curious since mine is a fairly robust built and i've never spent any time on a light XC mmbop
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    That version's not far off 30lbs... But usually with the Traversees and Revs and XC tyres etc but with the dropper seatpost pushing it back up it's somewhere around the 26lbs mark.

Only things I can see replacing it will be a Ti- on the look out for a used one of those- or a Pig X at the right price once those are out. Still not a fan of the back end on the Bop but it's worth it for all the other good stuff.
    Uncompromising extremist