Friendly lot at Kinver DH

getonyourbike
getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
edited March 2011 in Routes
I went out today in the afternoon to the Kinver dh course,which is turning into a regular thing. I did the 7 miles to get there and got stuck into some easy stuff. I saw the guy who helped me conquer some stuff last week. I was trying to get myself to do the drop which I managed the week before. He said that he'd do it, so i could follow him and get the correct speed. So, I got that nailed and sessioned it 6-7 times.

He then let me follow him though some other lines which were good. I managed a couple of other drops, one of them, I apparently landed 8ft after the take off. He's nicknamed, Wig and rides a black Santa Cruz Butcher, incase you see him around. Real nice guy, he helped build lots of the jumps and drops at the course.

Also, somebody who was a mate of his, said that i could have their old full face and knee pads. As tbh I was in need of them after a messed up knee. She said I could have them next time I saw her, next week probably. Donna, if you meet her. She was riding a Transition full sus (i think it was a Bandit) in white with pink decals.

So basically, I'd just like to thank them if they read this, for first of all helping me improve loads in the last 2 weeks. I'd still be doing really, realy basic stuff if it wasn't for Wig's help. And also for the very kind offer for the knee pads and full face helmet. I'll hopefully see both of them next week.

Comments

• shx8000
    shx8000 Posts: 222
    Sounds good. Always find some of the friendliest riders are on the DH course. Been up stile cop a couple of times now myself, and the guys up there always offer great advice in a constructive manner without ever being condescending( might be spelt wrong).
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    shx8000 wrote:
    Sounds good. Always find some of the friendliest riders are on the DH course. Been up stile cop a couple of times now myself, and the guys up there always offer great advice in a constructive manner without ever being condescending( might be spelt wrong).
    i think it might be to do with the fact that on the dh, you're standing around a lot, eating or eyeing something. So naturally you talk and ask advice about "what speed should i hit this? Do i have to lift the front wheel?" etc