routes around minehead

jamojaw
jamojaw Posts: 89
edited March 2011 in Routes
Hi guys and gals, i'm off to minehead in may for a few days and would like to know some good rides. I am staying at the butlins resort. I will have to resort to rides of no more than 2 hours as i plan on going out around 6am so i can be back for breakfast with the family. I have just bought an os map of the area and i can see there are clearly lots of options. In fact looking at the map i may need to move down there :)

If anyone could over lay a route on an os map for me that would be great. Better still, if anyone rides out early mornings during the week and would be willing for me to tag along that would be great. ( Bacon butty and a mug of tea on me :) )

Comments

• spodomodo
    spodomodo Posts: 48
    You're right on the edge of Exmoor - so loads of routes really. Look on the map for trails which link Selworthy Beacon, Dunkery Hill and Horner wood. MBR have printed this route a couple of years ago. Also Vertebrate Graphics do a good guide to Southwest MTBing covering Exmoor, Dartmoor and the Quantocks - this rides in that.

It's a steep climb up from Minhead though!
  • jamojaw
    jamojaw Posts: 89
    Thanks for that. I shall look to find a trail around that then. Is there a better side for me to start that is less of a climb to start with. I have a car so can travel out a little. I dont mind climbs but time is gonna be limited so would rather have all out trail action than massive climbs
  • delaxm
    delaxm Posts: 180
    How fit are you?
    I've got a good route from Butlins but it has two big climbs in it - PM me for details.