Back from Honeymoon..................

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
............. and it turns out that the cycling is sh!t !!! :D

P3140312.jpg

P3090220.jpg
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Fab pics you jammy git and still married!!

Hope you both had a lovely time, all good things to come.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MattC59
    Had a fantastic time thanks (honest, my bike's just out of shot on the second pic :wink: ) and yes, still married !!! And for anyone who's interested, here's a wedding pic :D

190082_10150098623447461_153627532460_6736431_3697578_n.jpg
  • clarkie28
    clarkie28 Posts: 134
    Congrats Matt.

Where did you go on your honeymoon? It looks lovely!

Clarkie
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    shes facing the wrong way on that bench FFNNAARRR FFNNAAARRR :twisted: :twisted:

hope you had a great day, I love being married, its ace
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    shes facing the wrong way on that bench FFNNAARRR FFNNAAARRR :twisted: :twisted:

LMAO :D

I saw the picture and thought the exact same thing, but I wouldn't post that because it would be rude and insensitive to post something like that about a man's new wife :P
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087

I saw the picture and thought the exact same thing, but I wouldn't post that because it would be rude and insensitive to post something like that about a man's new wife :P

This is cakestop, anything goes, allegedly...

love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MattC59
    clarkie28 wrote:
    Congrats Matt.

Where did you go on your honeymoon? It looks lovely!

Clarkie
    We went to the Maldives........... tropical sun, turquiose sea, amazing food (and cocktails) but no tarmac, so no cycling :D
  • MattC59

I fully expected such comments when I posted the pic 8) :D
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    MattC59 wrote:
    We went to the Maldives........... tropical sun, turquiose sea, amazing food (and cocktails) but no tarmac, so no cycling :D

How hot was it? I'd love to visit the Maldives, but anything over 25 degrees kills me :(
  • MattC59
    MattC59 wrote:

How hot was it? I'd love to visit the Maldives, but anything over 25 degrees kills me :(
    It was about 30 degrees, March is the hottest part of the year. It's usually about 28 / 29 degrees (not a huge difference I know). That said, there's usually a light breeze (albeit a warm one) so it takes the edge off, and it's not an oppressive, humid heat either. It's hot in the sun, but more than comfortable in the shade.
    Anyway, you're never more than about 20m from the sea to cool down :D

My advice is to put up with the heat and go. The Maldives are stunning, you wouldn't regret it !!!
  • clarkie28
    I could well have been tempted but we have already booked to go to Kenya for our honeymoon in October!!
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    Kenya is great! We went to a place near Mombassa. Over there for charity work, but also got to do some of the tourist stuff.

Maldives look very nice though, and congratulations on the wedding.
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • clarkie28
    Cheers crazy88, thats just what i wanted to hear! We are staying near to Mombasa in a place called Bamburi. Well, thats our main base as for 3/4 days we have booked to go on safari.

Really cannot wait.

Oh god, sorry to have invaded your original post MattC59!!!!!!

Perhaps if i congratulate you once again i may get away with it! :wink:
  • MattC59
    clarkie28 wrote:
    Cheers crazy88, thats just what i wanted to hear! We are staying near to Mombasa in a place called Bamburi. Well, thats our main base as for 3/4 days we have booked to go on safari.

Really cannot wait.

No worries, I'll invade your post when you get back from Kenya :wink:
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Which island? Been to a few, and that looks familiar! Then, they all look like that.
  • MattC59
    Scrumple wrote:
    Which island? Been to a few, and that looks familiar! Then, they all look like that.
    This one is Olhuveli, I've also been to Kuredu, both of which are beautiful......... but you're right, they do all look pretty much like that :D This island was about 50m wide by about 300m long !!
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    No cycling :shock: You mean she didn't let you take the bike with you?? You need to find a more understanding woman :lol:

But congratulations on the wedding, the pictures are making me a tad jealous, bloody british weather.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Is there a story behind you being in the sea wearing your wedding shirt and boxers?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    or why those legs aren't shaved! perfect time to get some cycle tans! (even if your cheating and not actually on the bike)
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    clarkie28 wrote:

Really cannot wait.

Yeah, sorry to invade MattC59.

We stayed just up the road from Bamburi. We were doing charity work in the Shanzu, utange area. If you google maps it you'll see it's just north of bamburi.

It's an eye opener out there that's for sure. Such beauty surrounded by poverty, it's a strange feeling. We were out in the villages a lot, helping at the schools so got to meet loads of people.

We also went on a safari too, it was called 'crocodile camp' in Tasvo East National Park. It was brilliant!

Anyway, i'll stop spamming this thread :)
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • MattC59
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Is there a story behind you being in the sea wearing your wedding shirt and boxers?
    I like to call the look 'Island Chic' :lol:
  • MattC59
    Ollieda wrote:
    or why those legs aren't shaved! perfect time to get some cycle tans! (even if your cheating and not actually on the bike)
    Despite the hairy legs, I have an excellent head start on the cyclist's tan 8)