Thumbs up for Ribble!

ADIHEAD
ADIHEAD Posts: 575
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
Few weeks ago a bearing on my front Pro-lite Bracchiano broke, after riding over a small pothole in a night ride. Wasn't quite sure how I'd stand with the warranty, having purchased the wheel last October and ridden it all winter but mailed Ribble anyway. Just over 24 hours later the reply came saying they'd arrange to collect it FOC and inspect. Cut a long story short it was returned last Thursday, new bearing fitted.

Reckon that was fine customer service, considering I paid exactly half the RRP on these wheels! Apparently I'm the first customer to have returned one of these wheels and I've no reason to question the quality of the product, just bad luck on our dreadful roads :roll:

Keep up the good work Ribble :D:D:D

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Our roads really are utter crap. Given how much tax we pay, they should bloody well get a grip. The roads around Beaconsfield are as rough as a badgers arse.

Oh, and well done Ribble!
  • ADIHEAD
    ADIHEAD Posts: 575
    Our roads really are utter crap. Given how much tax we pay, they should bloody well get a grip. The roads around Beaconsfield are as rough as a badgers ars*.

Oh, and well done Ribble!

And it's gonna get worse with all these cuts :cry: Reckon in a couple of years we'll all be riding cyclecross bikes :roll:
  • gazrolo
    gazrolo Posts: 28
    Good news to hear the government have allocated an extra £100m for pothole repairs today, contrary to what might have been expected with the economic situation. However, with some of the roads in the state that they are I guess doing nothing wasn't really an option! Another winter and we'd all be bouncing along like we were on some Bosnian back road or something.

Good to hear the report on Ribble too. Their shop is in just round the corner from where my missus lives and I'm considering one of their Audax bikes for next winter. Can make the purchase in full confidence now!

Cheers
    JOGLE Blog April 2011
    Twitter: G_Rolo