White shorts?

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited March 2011 in Pro race
Back in the day they were quite cool...

action.jpg

But are they anymore?

foto6_600.jpg

Come on Thor, move with the times, Cadel looked much better last year!

:D

Comments

• B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    thor and cadel last year look far heavier with white shorts on. not very flattering unless you are the build of shleck imo.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    You know what? If you're World Champion you can whatever the f%ck you want. 8)
  • ive always wanted to get white cycling shorts but never knew where to look.... any idea's guys? :)

also pokerface has a point ;)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Earlier in the year Thor was wearing his normal team shorts, a far better choice in my opinion.

pic182252225_600.jpg
  • Moomin23
    Moomin23 Posts: 77
    I once followed a big fat scouser with white shorts on, in the wet, with no underpants, for a few laps round Great Budworth a great incentive to do your turn the front, not flattering at all!!
    I want to come back as Niki Gudex's seat
  • Pokerface
    I do agree, however, that the black shorts look better The 3/4 knicks look kinda naff.
  • Gez, Mr. Face, make your mind up. Do you like the white shorts (or knicks) or not? Anyway, your 1st post is wrong. Anyone can wear whatever they like, not just World Champions! :wink:

Much prefer the black ones in the photo as posted by CSP, hopefully he'll wear them for the rest of the year.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Black's slimming.

Also, everyone can see your tackle in white shorts if it rains...

(At least, you hope they can...... :oops: )
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited March 2011
    5214964654_14bf531128.jpg

And Emma Pooley can continue to wear a full white skinsuit :D

(interesting to note in this photo, the rainbow bands on both bikes are wrong...)
  • I got the white FDJ kit from a few years back, I am not the leanest meanest rider on the roads but you know what, when it's blazing sunny skies I'd rather have that on than all black kit. I spent hours getting cooked on the road last summer but the days I had the FDJ Whites on, felt much better.

I always ensure the weather is rain free before putting it on though and heading out the door, that's a step too far for me thanks. :lol:

The White bib shorts are flattering though, sadly the shirt not so much as that is the area the last of my weight is stashed and it's taking it's sweet time to vanish, the Homer Simpson belly isn't a joy to behold.

I guess as with pretty much everything else in this sport, it's what you prefer or are happy to ride in or with. Took me a while to get the courage up to wear the White kit though, it leaves nothing to the imagination though can be funny on cafe stops. :twisted:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Shorts yes, knee warmers or tights no.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/slipstream ... otostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/slipstream ... otostream/

The best is white with black like Cervelo
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    White shorts? Definitely a no, no. I like it when FDJ wear blue shorts in spring and wish they'd continue it all year.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    White shorts are Rarely A Pleasing Sight.

Although when they are, they are a thing of beauty. Sadly, there are only about 5 men on the entire globe who can actually wear the things and look cool.

And I can't actually think of any of them at the moment.
  • Tusher wrote:

Not even this fella?

cavendish-tdf09-stage2-lo.jpg
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    5214964654_14bf531128.jpg

And Emma Pooley can continue to wear a full white skinsuit :D
    That picture is about right with EMA in white and quite feminine.
    Thor looks good also and both have clean white socks on.
    (interesting to note in this photo, the rainbow bands on both bikes are wrong...)
    Don't buy Cervelo then. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Tusher
    Tusher wrote:

Not even this fella?

cavendish-tdf09-stage2-lo.jpg

Wellll, he is one of them.
  • nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    Cippo's vest is hardly en vogue
  • Tusher
    They bring to mind male ballet dancers.
  • Pokerface

What's wrong with them?
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Pokerface wrote:

What's wrong with them?

Look at jersey and then look at the bike.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pokerface wrote:

What's wrong with them?

The red and the blue have been switched around compared to the jersey.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Maybe a bit clearer on this larger photo...

5214964654_015e816182_o.jpg
  • Pokerface
    Got it. Seems they fixed it. Must have done those bikes in a hurry for the promotional pics!

Now: 08_600.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pokerface wrote:
    Got it. Seems they fixed it. Must have done those bikes in a hurry for the promotional pics!

I wouldn't have put it past the UCI to have got it wrong on the jerseys though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    nakita222 wrote:
    Cippo's vest is hardly en vogue

That's just his sleeve's rolled up. Although he has been known to favour a vest.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SttJcFeEBGw&feature=player_embedded
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    Tusher wrote:
    They bring to mind male ballet dancers.
    white shorts on blokes should be banned - especially when they get wet ! I enjoy group cycling for the CRAIC not the CRACK!
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    I got a pair of white shorts recently, albeit with a black stripe over my delicates. Quite fond of them I must say :)
  • eltonioni
    eltonioni Posts: 82
    ive always wanted to get white cycling shorts but never knew where to look)
    Neither will anyone near you if you do :lol:

Just don't unless you are of the lady persuasion.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    I prefer the black shorts/white jersey - old school. Stripey bike, gloves, helmet, glasses etc is all a bit OTT.

For an example of how should be done, see Thomas's Nat Champs Sky outfit - that looks very smart.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    Greasedscotsman, you are wrong - white shorts were NEVER cool. Shorts should be black with possibly a bit of colour, the worst thing my club ever did was move away from black shorts. :x :wink:

Moomin, you should have just dropped the fat scouser rather than put up with that site! :wink: