jacob2910
jacob2910 Posts: 218
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
is this why we are hated by some :shock: :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLzGj10fg2g

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    No, its because some people are just c***s...
  • Only two words you need to know - Lucas Brunelle; if you squint and read it backwards it really does spell "I am half a mile up my own arse".
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    notsoblue wrote:
    No, its because some people are just c***s...

Yep, that just about covers it.

It's also about the fact that cyclists get about for very little money, are never stuck in traffic, are often very fit, aren't forced to sit for hours each week being miserable as f***, aren't forced to queue at garages and be mugged by the oil companies.

Basically some motorists believe that cyclists should be as miserable and downtrodden and under the thumb as they are and they cant' stand the thought of anyone else having what they perceive as an 'easy ride'.

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • jacob2910
    that seems to make sense :)
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    bullying their way through regardless of right of way, no respect shown for other road users, intimidating vulnerable people in their way, travelling deliberately to antagonise and upset others, thinking that they own the roads and the rules don't apply to them, routinely and repeatedly breaking the law, passing people within inches at speed in a dangerous manner, driving off from the scene of a collision.

what have I missed that these heroic freedom fighters did Andy?

all things we throw at motorists on here and which you more than anyone else would be apoplectic with rage over if a car had filmed something even 1/10th as blatant.

its not a reaction against traffic jams and fuel prices its a bunch of cocky t**ts with no regard for anyone but themselves playing a game.
  • bullying their way through regardless of right of way, no respect shown for other road users, intimidating vulnerable people in their way, travelling deliberately to antagonise and upset others, thinking that they own the roads and the rules don't apply to them, routinely and repeatedly breaking the law, passing people within inches at speed in a dangerous manner, driving off from the scene of a collision.

all things we throw at motorists on here and which you more than anyone else would be apoplectic with rage over if a car had filmed something even 1/10th as blatant.

its not a reaction against traffic jams and fuel prices its a bunch of cocky t**ts with no regard for anyone but themselves playing a game.
    +1
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    I can't believe what I just saw ! I am amazed no one was killed riding like that...bunch of t*ats !
    Anyone see that Police car near the beginning?...no way would have been able to catch them mind !
  • CRAIGO5000
    CRAIGO5000 Posts: 697
    This one is better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au0Zjn3eB9k

(if you like close calls that is)[/url]
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • notsoblue
    bullying their way through regardless of right of way, no respect shown for other road users, intimidating vulnerable people in their way, travelling deliberately to antagonise and upset others, thinking that they own the roads and the rules don't apply to them, routinely and repeatedly breaking the law, passing people within inches at speed in a dangerous manner, driving off from the scene of a collision.

Well the OP's question was "Is this why we're hated by some?" Its pretty clear to anyone that this can't possibly be the reason because of just how unrepresentative this video is of how people cycle... Anyone who uses videos like to justify an anti-cyclist opinion is clearly a f*ckwit.

Andy was hardly calling these people "heroic freedom fighters". He was answering the OP's question without any reference to the video.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    CRAIGO5000 wrote:
    This one is better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au0Zjn3eB9k

(if you like close calls that is)[/url]

All the cars are driving on the wrong side too :shock:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Blue Meanie
    Blue Meanie Posts: 495
    How can they be that cool whilst listening to Dragonforce? One rider was in spandex and there were mudguards on another bike!
    I dunno, couriers these days, it's all headcams and high 5s
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    How do they keep the camera image so still? All of the helmet cam (ahem fnarr) footage I have seen looks like it was taken by someone frapping furiously on a full sus (set on bouncy) mtb with half flat tyres by an epileptic returning from a strobe laden rave . . . .

That can't be true of everything I've seen . . . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    How do they keep the camera image so still? All of the helmet cam (ahem fnarr) footage I have seen looks like it was taken by someone frapping furiously on a full sus (set on bouncy) mtb with half flat tyres by an epileptic returning from a strobe laden rave . . . .

Lucas Brunelle uses a very different set of cameras and rig compared to other cyclists that record footage whilst cycling. His cameras are attacted to metal plates which are screwed into the helmet, it is very rigid. Compared to other cameras which are prone to a bit of wobble.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    gaz545 wrote:

Lucas Brunelle uses a very different set of cameras and rig compared to other cyclists that record footage whilst cycling. His cameras are attacted to metal plates which are screwed into the helmet, it is very rigid. Compared to other cameras which are prone to a bit of wobble.

Different - I'd say

lucas_home.jpg
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    JZed wrote:
    gaz545 wrote:

Different - I'd say

lucas_home.jpg
    He actually has at least another camera on his helmet there as well. it's on the side and is like a personal JVC hand held camera. There is potentially one on the other side facing backwards.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    ah . . . .

220px-Lucas_brunelle.jpg

that's him - do you think he has an air zound as well?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • ah . . . .

220px-Lucas_brunelle.jpg

Are those not his parking cameras?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Back on topic, yes it is that sort of irresponsible, bullying, illegal and immoral cycling that puts the backs up of motorists and makes them dismissive of the law abiding and considerate ones.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    How can they be that cool whilst listening to Dragonforce? One rider was in spandex and there were mudguards on another bike!
    I dunno, couriers these days, it's all headcams and high 5s

the vid was 2006... you saw that bit right?

Agreed with Dragonforce being toilet though

I feel the final utterance in the vid sums thing up nicely
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jacob2910
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rWu9rMP ... re=related
  • notsoblue
    jacob2910 wrote:

So being knocked over gives us a bad rep as well? :?:
  • jacob2910
    notsoblue wrote:
    jacob2910 wrote:

So being knocked over gives us a bad rep as well? :?:

nope this just shows how unfriendly some people are to cyclists you can see one of the police guys laughing when the courier is crying about his bike being wrecked
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    ah . . . .

220px-Lucas_brunelle.jpg

or
    Only two words you need to know - Lucas Brunelle; if you squint and read it backwards it really does spell "I am half a mile up my own ars*".

Looks like fair comment. He must have some neck muscles though.