Culinary Conundrum

fleshtuxedo
fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
So I've got a beef joint ready to go into the oven for tonight's sunday roast, but , as usual, a dark clouds hanhs over the kitchen.

I like meat rare. Mrs Tuxedo likes it medium/well done. Mrs Tuxedo is also pregnant and can claim precedence on grounds of safeguarding the little 'un.

It's only a small joint, chopping it in half will mean it all overcooks. Can I cook it all to rare, then chop it in half and incinerate her bit while mine rests? What other solutions are there?

I need the cake shop's help and I need it fast.

Comments

• nax-ian
    nax-ian Posts: 209
    So, after confering with wifey; cook it til medium/ rare, an give her the two outsides an you havethe middle, wont be rare but should be pinkish. A good blush as Jamie says!
    Finished
  • Cook the meat rare, heat some stock or thin gravy in a frying pan, then carve the meat and drop a few slices in the pan and by the time you've plated your own dinner the beef in the pan will have cooked through.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    More than likely too late but just MTFU and cook...

Hang about WTF are YOU DOING IN THE KITCHEN?

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • fleshtuxedo
    Nax-ian wrote:
    So, after confering with wifey; cook it til medium/ rare, an give her the two outsides an you havethe middle, wont be rare but should be pinkish. A good blush as Jamie says!

This is usual tactic, but it's difficult with a small joint to get it right and invariably it's all too well done for my liking.
  • fleshtuxedo
    Cook the meat rare, heat some stock or thin gravy in a frying pan, then carve the meat and drop a few slices in the pan and by the time you've plated your own dinner the beef in the pan will have cooked through.

Like it - thanks for the winning suggestion - bonus upside is that all leftovers are also rare...

I'm going to get the oven on now
  • fleshtuxedo
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Pregnant ladies get looked after.

That's the Tuxedo way :wink:
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Pregnant ladies get looked after.

That's the Tuxedo way :wink:

Yeah right, and you are from which planet exactly?

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Cook the joint how you like it, serve it up but tell the missus it came from Spain and was part of Contador's private batch so for the safety of the sprog on the way she can't have any in case the sprog shoots out doing 90mph pretending it is shooting pistols off at the delivery team?