Glasgow to Balloch

ohara227
ohara227 Posts: 225
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
Looking forward to my first real and longest cycle on my road bike yet, working tommorow morning then meeting my cousin in Partick for a cycle to Balloch. Hope the weather is good!

Forgot how much stuff you need to take in a car, if your not leaving from your own house ie various clothes to judge it what the weather is like when your there, Helmet, SPD shoes, etc...

Hope we all get a good day!

Any more 'firsts' tommorow, it can be anything!
'The hills are alive with the sounds of panting'

Rides:

MTB - Giant 2008 Trance X2
Road - Giant 2010 Defy 2
Hybrid - Giant Escape 2011 City 2

Comments

• nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Tour...

Well nearly, driving over to Kennacraig, loading the bike up and then shoving it on the ferry to Islay.

Small island so can just use the route to the campsite from Port Askaig (Port Mór is open I believe but Kintra isn't, and failing that find somewhere to wild camp) as a test run, if i'm comfortable with that wee route (15 miles I think) fully loaded then may try a fully loaded run on Jura if the campsite there is open and failing that it's going to be a day bag sprint on Jura and hoping to hell I don't miss the last ferry back to Islay.

Playing it all by ear and I have anxiety issues so totally bricking it.

Oh and if I'm not at Kennacraig for the 1300 ferry to Port Askaig then I've got a longer trip in the dark from Port Ellen.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • ohara227
    ohara227 Posts: 225
    Sounds really good, hope the weather stays good for you and you enjoy it. I get nervous too, but in the end worth it!

Have fun :D
    'The hills are alive with the sounds of panting'

Rides:

MTB - Giant 2008 Trance X2
    Road - Giant 2010 Defy 2
    Hybrid - Giant Escape 2011 City 2
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    the met office shipping forecast is interesting, the BBC's method of giving a daily general forecast just shows light rain all week while the metcheck breakdown and the met office weekly summary prettymuch tell me one thing.

It's going to be "Scottish Weather" (note that as an east coaster from the firth of tay area i am not used to the general scottish weather but instead that created by the microclimate that makes dundee the sunniest place in scotland)
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days