Worst Ride Ever !

Laurence25
Laurence25 Posts: 334
edited March 2011 in MTB general
With-in the first 20 minuets I came off , :oops: admittedly my fault, Then my chain snapped so did a quick fix with a power link , BOOOM puncher in my rear tyre :| CRUNCH chain snaps for the second time :evil: BOOOM front tyre go's :evil: :evil: Then a 2mile walk home , On the way home my riding buddy also picks up 3 hefty thorns , two in the rear and one in the front tyre ! Over all not the best ride ! :P

Comments

• P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Sucks to be you..

Had a blinder at Cwncarn conditions were perfect - ground was dry grippy and fast rolling, plenty of people there but no one got in my way.
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    snapped single speed chain 12 miles form home and a set of holes in my legs from the chain ring . long walk home as the chain was a gonner .
    Then the was the time I was in Porthcawl jumped a set of steps missed the landing and got a saddle in the bottom , bleed my 7 mile ride home and couldn't sit down for a far few hours. lol
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    NatoED wrote:
    Then the was the time I was in Porthcawl jumped a set of steps missed the landing and got a saddle in the bottom , bleed my 7 mile ride home and couldn't sit down for a far few hours. lol

lol :shock: first time i did cannock i got the nose of my saddle wedged up my backside, oh the pains of a newb :oops:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    My worst ride ever was the one where I broke my coccyx, but that still was good up til that point and not too bad afterwards. Riding's ace!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Chain snapped, fixed it. Snapped again, chain tool broke in two as it was -10C and it had become brittle. Had to freewheel (mainly downhill) for about 10 miles to get home. Now have a higher quality chain tool.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Laurence25
    Laurence25 Posts: 334
    unixnerd wrote:
    Chain snapped, fixed it. Snapped again, chain tool broke in two as it was -10C and it had become brittle. Had to freewheel (mainly downhill) for about 10 miles to get home. Now have a higher quality chain tool.

Hehe lesson learnt ??

Well I did not brake any bones so I guess I cant complain to much :lol: but my chain is a goner all bent where it snapped :evil:
  • shx8000
    shx8000 Posts: 222
    Worst ride ever. Someone nicked my bike, 5 minutes before I was meant to be riding.
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    Laurence25 wrote:
    With-in the first 20 minuets I came off , :oops: admittedly my fault, Then my chain snapped so did a quick fix with a power link , BOOOM puncher in my rear tyre :| CRUNCH chain snaps for the second time :evil: BOOOM front tyre go's :evil: :evil: Then a 2mile walk home , On the way home my riding buddy also picks up 3 hefty thorns , two in the rear and one in the front tyre ! Over all not the best ride ! :P

I hate 'those' days. Thankfuly the good days more than make up for them, and tend to be a lot more frequent :D
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    My worst day was my fist day I got my bike...

Got both wheel punctured about 4 miles from home.. Spent about 40 mins trying to get a super tight brand new tyre off the wheel to repair it.. ( never done this b4)

once done, I had a great sense f acheivment, only fr it to go straight back down again! so had to walk it... :cry:

got home and noticed I had 2 punctures in the front and 4 in the back!!

I now run self sealing tyres and kevlar lining.. and all is good :)
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i had a similar day last summer. day out to forest of dean with my brother, snapped my chain 2 mins out of the car park, got a puncture and then knocked myself out by stopping myself by using my head as a brake :?

all in a 5km loop :lol:
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    I had "one of those days" at Afan last year.

Noticed a Herniating tyre halfway up the w2 climb...changed it. Shredded the replacement on some chicken wire about 2 miles further on....brake pad FAIL, snapped chain, puncture.

Oh yeah...then ate too much at lunch as was pssing down with rain and thought we were retiring for the day...got talked into Whites Level as the sun came out at the exact moment I over--ordered food....chundered a giant cheese doorstep sandwich on the way up (still climbed in sub 30 though, despite vom stop) - and one more punture at the top.

and the peverse thing is that i still enjoyed myself.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I trashed an x9 rear mech yesterday :(

Managed to get a reasonable gear in SS fashion to get back to mates house....where he had another broken x9...between the two, I now have a working (well...the gears shift sometimes) rear mech....

Then, I was expecting an £80 bill for a new one....£47.66 on merlin after the VIP discount!

yay!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • shx8000 wrote:
    Worst ride ever. Someone nicked my bike, 5 minutes before I was meant to be riding.
    Oh man, that has to put a crimp in your day. :cry:

Did you get the bike back? Were the thieves caught?
    My "Bitsa": 7005 Alu h/tail, Marzocchi Bomber fork, Deore LX/XT/Acera trans, front: Mavic XC 717, XT hub, rear: On One Reetard, Planet X hub, Panaracer Fire XC Pro tyres, Cane Creek S6 h/set, Club Roost bars, Xero stem, Charge Spoon saddle.