Fulcrum Racing 3's/Campag Neutrons/Zonda's/Other Stuff

Canny Jock
Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
Looking for upgrades to Racing 5's (need to hand these down to my winter/commuter bike) and considering the above. Don't care too much about aeroness, looking for wheels which roll well, climb well and are comfortable over long rides. Weigh 64kg so don't need to be mega-strong.

I mainly ride sportives/Sunday rides with friends, so don't need race wheels.

Campag compatible obviously, to match a white/red/black Izoard.

Comments

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Had Zondas for about 6yrs now. I weigh 76-78kgs and they're still as true as day 1.
    Weigh about 1550g though.
    You could look at Ryde Carat. Nice and light.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    fulcrum 3 maste ive got them on my izoard and there great pretty light and very strong im double your weight! roll fast (seem the same as my cosmics) Get some bargains around on them too.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    I went for Neutrons when faced with a similar decision last year. Been very pleased with them and I like their more traditional look.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Jeff, yes kind of regret not getting the Racing 3's for £275 from the Planet X sale - they are now about £100 more.

Leaning towards the Neutrons for my riding, G3 spoke pattern is nice but I would rather lighter rims and more comfortable wheels than mega stiff and aero.
  • Wheelie Bin
    Wheelie Bin Posts: 162
    hugo15 wrote:
    I went for Neutrons when faced with a similar decision last year. Been very pleased with them and I like their more traditional look.

+1 for the Neutrons. Strong, comfortable, traditional spoke pattern and they have the magic 'C' word written all over them!
    I'm at that difficult age... somewhere between birth and death.
  • Chris McG
    Chris McG Posts: 189
    Love my Mavic Ksyrium Sl's

Although on the pricey side, they are still perfectly true after 3000 miles and their fair share of accidents. :)
    "Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."