Long shot but you never know...

DIESELDOG
DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
Any physio's around?

I seem to have buggered my right ankle, I can't flex upwards nor twist my ankle to the right. There is no pain what so ever but walking is becoming a tad tedious when the damn thing won't flex. It's like I've forgotten how to move it, almost paralysis with upwards movement but I can flex down.

I've always been a very flexible person so this is kind of confusing.

It's almost as if my calf muscles are refusing to co-operate. i was tempted to go out for a blast tomorrow and give it some stick to maybe wake it up. But that's probably not a good thing.

Any ideas?

Love n hugs

DD
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk

Comments

• irezumi
    irezumi Posts: 142
    Go see a sports physio.

Not meant to sound like a sarcastic answer but without someone who knows what theyre on about assessing the injury first hand it will be a case of pi**ing in the wind replaying on here.

For the short term just follow the R.I.C.E system.

Hope it gets better.
  • DIESELDOG
    irezumi

I know, I know!! Iit's just really bugging me, I thought it was easing up a tad but alas no.

There's a bloody good sports physio in the village used to be the physio for Saints rugby team so they know what they're doing. Just hacked off that I want to ride for once.

Hey ho.

Love n hugs

DD

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Sounds like a nerve problem, and I believe there is a specific nerve that affects this area, with same/similar symptoms to your description!... Best get it checked out DD.
    Similar thing happened to me a couple of days back... Sitting with feet up, then when I went to move, my right foot didn't really want to get involved!... Scarey, but only lasted about 10 mins...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • DIESELDOG
    10 minutes I could cope with, 5 days I can't. Still no better and yesterdays ride and walk about the local lake probably did me no favours.

Still no pain but I'm getting it checked, I'm getting fed up of doing the ministry of silly walks.

Love n hugs

DD