Check this out - saw one today, coming home the long way

voodooman
voodooman Posts: 183
edited March 2011 in MTB general
http://www.mbike-rowery.pl/images/stories/XC/06/1.html

There are loads of Polish people living in Southampton, and saw a bloke on one of these in Lordswood. He'd replaced the v brakes with juicy 3s and it looked pretty good. I was amazed at how light it was too.

I've never heard or seen them before, but he was raving about them - he was Polish and had brought it over with him after Christmas.[/url]

Comments

• D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    Oh god, they can take our jobs but dont take up all our bike trails aswell....
  • D-Cyph3r wrote:
    Oh god, they can take our jobs but dont take up all our bike trails aswell....

They are trying to take over the UK im sure of it!
    Bike - Scott Aspect 45
    Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013
  • Who cares, the british colonized so many countries, cant blame people for wanting to go there.

What bike manufacturer is that? I cant tell from my phone
  • voodooman
    voodooman Posts: 183
    It had the website on the chainstay, so copied on to my phone, then looked up when home. Use the above address up to and including the pl/ and you get to their website. It looks good in the photos, but looked bloody fantastic in the flesh. Wish I'd taken a photo with my phone now.

It was noticeably lighter than my bokor (in a pick up test), and running a straight currency conversion from zloty to sterling came out as around £640. Not sure what sort of import duty you'd pay, and forget back up.

As for the Polish, well I gave up teaching last year after 14 yrs and can safely say that in general their parents were a damn sight keener to see their kids do well than the locals. Oh and now I'm in a position to employ people from time to time, I often use Polish workers because they get the job done really well. Polite and real pride in their work. I'm not being stereotypical honest, and I'd never touch the Daily Mail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Cheers.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Who cares, the british colonized so many countries, cant blame people for wanting to go there.
    That avatar of yours, is it something that you were sent?
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    another Polish brand, Dartmoor, have come across very well in the UK recently after the release of 2011 frames. they make bmx, dirt jump, 4x, freeride and fixie frames. some a cheap e.g dirt jump frame for just £140 and some more expensive, about £300 for the most expenisve frame
  • PaulBox wrote:
    Who cares, the british colonized so many countries, cant blame people for wanting to go there.
    That avatar of yours, is it something that you were sent?

Why would I have had that sent to me, when saying that Britain colonized alot of areas, and can't blame the people for wanting to go where "the good life is"?
  • shx8000
    shx8000 Posts: 222
    People want to come here and work, cause Britain was one of only 3 countries that agreed to let people from around Europe come and work here.
    I can see exactly why they come here, and so long as they continue to graft and pay their taxes I'm happy to support them. Too many lazy spongers in this country looking to blame everyone else but themselves. Benifits system is far too good IMO.

Nice bike by the way lol.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Reminds me of Cube's, if it wasn't for the paint job and colour coding, they wouldn't get a second look...nothing special.
  • bikaholic
    bikaholic Posts: 350
    Built and photographed using Builder's Eye: neat cabling, aligned graphics and cranks...etc. Very nice - shows pride in the build.

It makes me wonder why so many better specced bikes, even on this site, are so amateurishly assembled.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Nice looking bike and I noticed almost the entire range come with V Brakes :shock:
    Their FS offering is a BSO though! Clicky!