Time to put the bike on a diet!

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Yay! Winter has almost released her horrible clutches :D

This weekend I will be mostly removing crap from my bike including such 'orrible heavy items as mudguards, lights ('cos it's now light in both directions to the office), big heavy lock (because I store indoors at both home and office), saddle bag (because I don't need to lug waterproofs around any more).

I reckon the machine will be losing a couple of kilos.

Now I just need to do the same (rather too many business lunches recently :oops: )
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I am in the unfortunate position of temporarily having to carry all my gear in panniers whilst the showers are refurbed.

They should be done in two weeks then I shall be losing; MTB rack, panniers, work clothes, mudguards, Vittoria CX's for Conit 4 seasons, lights and as a treat I'm going to go for a new front wheel.

Reckon I'll be 5-6kg's lighter and cannot wait!

That's the fun bit then I need to lose 3-4kgs myself :oops:
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    SimonAH wrote:
    This weekend I will be mostly removing crap from my bike including such 'orrible heavy items as mudguards, lights ('cos it's now light in both directions to the office), big heavy lock (because I store indoors at both home and office), saddle bag (because I don't need to lug waterproofs around any more).

You need another bike :twisted:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    SimonAH wrote:

I reckon the machine will be losing a couple of kilos.

Now I just need to do the same (rather too many business lunches recently :oops: )

Keep the extra weight on your bike and it'll come off you all the faster.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    I will be removing brakes, converting to fixed gear and i ride naked :P
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    SimonAH wrote:

This weekend I will be mostly removing crap from my bike including such 'orrible heavy items as mudguards,

I carry a jacket and rainleags all year, and crud race gaurds stay on all year as well as you can never be to sure.

Fully loaded my commuter must be coming in at around 40 llbs as i would rather carry what i deem as essentials rather than be stuck in the middle of the countryside with a broken bike at 5 am , just added quick links to the toolkit this week in case my chain goes along with 2 inner tubes, tyre boot, tool kit, topeak road morph,tyre levers, repair kit,spare gloves, arm warmers,leg warmers, rain legs,spare base layer in case it gets cold spare buff,sandwiches,work clothes, 2 front lights, 3 rear lights, and i am sure i missed stuff .

Locks stay at work in a secure bike shed , even i do not fancy lugging 2 d locks about :shock:
    FCN 3/5/9