Walkers Cycles - Ayrshire. A MASSIVE recommendation from me

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited March 2011 in MTB general
As title.

Bought my Edison off these guys and they have been super helpful through the entire process. Did me a fantastic deal and even agreed to hold the bike for the better part of a month for me for a tiny deposit. They have also shipped the bike to me at no extra cost and chucked in some extras.

They're not my LBS but I'm considering moving to Ayrshire so they can be :P

Comments

• yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    Ha!

Walkers is in a little place called Kilmaurs in East Ayrshire. I've still got family there, it's my neck of the woods from when I was a nipper. It's complete poo poo hole :)

Actually, Kilmaurs is "OK", but East and North Ayrshire generally are absolute holes.

I don't know the shop mind you.
  • They are good guys, got to agree. Shame the Strathaven shop wasn't a goer when they took it over, I miss having a very local LBS.

Still.

Pro-Am in Larkhall are also very good, if you're in that area.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Walkers Cycles? Next door to the Beefeater Vegetarian Cafe and Blind Association Cinema.
  • GPierotti
    GPierotti Posts: 104
    I've used that shop loads for everything bike related. Great staff there. Very helpful and for a local shop they are very competative!!
  • GPierotti
    GPierotti Posts: 104
    yoohoo999 wrote:
    Ha!

Walkers is in a little place called Kilmaurs in East Ayrshire. I've still got family there, it's my neck of the woods from when I was a nipper. It's complete poo poo hole :)

Actually, Kilmaurs is "OK", but East and North Ayrshire generally are absolute holes.

I don't know the shop mind you.

Not sure when you were last there but other than the bike shop and the Weston Tavern it's pretty much still a "poo poo hole" :P
  • Indeed there my local bike shop and both niel and steve there are very happful and friendly the amount of times theyve done minor repairs for for free to get me running beofre a ride is to long to mention.