Patrik Sinkewitz suspended

dave milne
dave milne Posts: 703
edited April 2011 in Pro race
Patrik Sinkewitz suspended, A-sample positive for human growth hormone, one of the first athletes caught with a newly validated HGH test.

From inner ring

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Looks like Pats reputation as a serial doper is well deserved.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    I delete my thread, posted a minute later, but with this link:
    http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDe ... LangId%3D1

First guy nabbed for HGH. So, the cat is out of the bag. I doubt this will be a solitary case.
    Much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I suspect.

Anyhow, Ricco is not quite the lone loon some folks believe.
    Whether Stinkewitz will receive the same treatment is debatable.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's a new test and things might get a bit tasty if they start retro testing.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    That won't happen though, will it?

Whenever there is a threat of retro testing you know it's PR.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    It would make my day if they did retrospective testing on Contador's Clenbuterol sample and found signs of HGH in it!
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Slightly off topic but, why would cyclists use HGH? is for recovery because i can't imagine that they will want to grow like bodybuilders who use.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    It helps in recovery and in conjunction with other drugs allows faster recovery and higher fitness. there was an article in I think Outdoor Life some years back where the writer underook taking EPO/HGH etc under medical supervision and i was quite frightening at the leap his fitness made. Double century rides,back to back century rides plus his skin tone and eyesight improved.
    M.Rushton
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 480
    "Double century rides,back to back century rides plus his skin tone and eyesight improved."

and where do you get this stuff?
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    squired wrote:
    It would make my day if they did retrospective testing on Contador's Clenbuterol sample and found signs of HGH in it!

And all the other 2010 TDF samples surely. Or d'you think he is an isolated case?
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Mooro wrote:
    "Double century rides,back to back century rides plus his skin tone and eyesight improved."

and where do you get this stuff?

http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywor ... est_1.html is the link but it might not work. Fascinating article because in the authors case the results weren't good they were spectacular in that he could ride harder,longer and faster day after day with less recovery time. If you find the article you understand why this stuff is taken and why it must be hard to get off it

http://www.cyclingforums.com/forum/thre ... -doping/15 is a forum where someone discusses what he took and the effects.
    M.Rushton
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Bit slow off the mark with this one weren't you Iain? :)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    rugby league player terry newton was banned for failing a test for hgh a year ago so it can't be that new. i believe he was the first sportsman anyone to fail a test for it however
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Bit slow off the mark with this one weren't you Iain? :)

Yeah, perhaps he needs a little pick me up, what should he use ;)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    gsk82 wrote:
    rugby league player terry newton was banned for failing a test for hgh a year ago so it can't be that new. i believe he was the first sportsman anyone to fail a test for it however

Let's hope Patrick doesn't react to this in the same way as Terry Newton.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72

Anyhow, Ricco is not quite the lone loon some folks believe.
    Whether Stinkewitz will receive the same treatment is debatable.

Patrick doesn't come across as an odious scumbag like Ricco. But that's where the differences end. Both had terrible reputations for being dopers who couldn't see cycling any other way (Hence most teams keeping their distance from Stinky)

2nd guy who's been a serial doper from Cuddly Bob's first year of operations, eh?
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    HGH aids muscle building & reduces body fat.
    It's been used in the US for a long time, both by body builders and also as part of various anti-aging regimens.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Murr X
    Murr X Posts: 258
    HGH aids muscle building & reduces body fat.
    It's been used in the US for a long time, both by body builders and also as part of various anti-aging regimens.
    And only a matter of time before it is available OTC in western countries and for you lot in England on the National Health Service for the over 65s.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    It is?
    A pill that can help me loose weight without sweating and tone up at the same time?

Mmmmmm

I'd buy that.

I think
  • Tusher
    Blimey, it's easy to get hold of, isn't it? Comes in every flavour too.

But I'm just too tight to part with the cash.
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    He got stacks of coverage in the early season openers was in the early breaks etc, I thought at the time if he had changed his ways, indeed not it seems. What a farce, back into top flight competition and busted almost immediately.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • iainf72
    B sample positive.
  • Tusher
    Knit 1, purl 1