ITV - A call to action

2»

Comments

• robert-sb
    robert-sb Posts: 118
    thegibdog wrote:
    Got this response today, I assume everyone else will be getting the same thing:
    Thank you for your recent email regarding Cycling featured on ITV.

ITV is proud to broadcast a range of major cycling events including the Tour de France, Tour of Britain and Tour Series on ITV4. We continually review all our sports coverage and scheduling in conjunction with ITV’s wider programming commitments.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and if we can be of further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards

Tracey

ITV Viewer Services
    Not exactly encouraging...
    Funny, Stuart wrote me an identical email :lol: perhaps they have managed to create clones !
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I had the acknowledgment from Tracey and Stuart.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    I had a identical reply this afternoon but mine was from Julia - they must have had a team of at least three in order to reply to! all the emails :?[/img]
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Pathetic isn't it - I appreciate that they have been inundated but the response is pretty poor - no explanation or even a defence of why they have the rights but not show them.
  • Got the same email but it wasn't even signed! I immediately complained to Wiggle.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Yeah but what you're missing is that Tracey, Stuart and Pauline will have had to pass those comments onto their superiors who will now be aware of the demand for live cycling where before they thought people were happy with their 'wider programming commitments.'

Do you know what to do now? "Don't hesitate to contact us again." They've put that in as a strong closure to the email but there's nothing to stop you taking them up on it
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,173
    thegibdog wrote:
    Got this response today, I assume everyone else will be getting the same thing:
    Thank you for your recent email regarding Cycling featured on ITV.

ITV is proud to broadcast a range of major cycling events including the Tour de France, Tour of Britain and Tour Series on ITV4. We continually review all our sports coverage and scheduling in conjunction with ITV’s wider programming commitments.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and if we can be of further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards

Tracey

ITV Viewer Services
    Not exactly encouraging...

Another way of saying thanks, but we have no plans to show Live cycling on ITV4.
    More people will watch a repeat of The Professionals, Sweeney, etc than will watch Live cycling. And more viewers means more possible advertising revenue. However, there's no harm in keeping on trying.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • robert-sb
    robert-sb Posts: 118
    Sent a further email saying

Dear Stuart

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my email. However, you haven't really addressed my question. Do you have any plans to include in your schedule cycling races for which you already own the broadcast rights ?

I look forward to hearing from you again.

and received the reply

Thank you for your further email regarding Cycling Coverage.

We do not have any further plans to broadcast any other Cycling events other than the ones we have already
    stated in our previous response to you.

If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards
    Elaine
    ITV Viewer Services

:(