The New Middlesbrough CYCLE CIRCUIT.

Royal Dragoon
Royal Dragoon Posts: 270
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
MTBE.co.uk decided to visit the newly opened M/bro Cycling Circuit today.

You should all be aware by now that the new Middlesbrough Cycle Circuit is open to the public. The track is open, as is the clubhouse, there is just the matter of landscaping the area around the track.

The website for further information and booking details is here:

http://www.middlesbrough.gov.uk/ccm/nav ... F8BF7EDBCD

I took a detour on todays ride home from work, and called in to see what the facilities and the track were like.

I had a brief chat with a M/bro Council chap in the clubhouse, who explained how things would work and gave me some local cycle route planners and other info. Then as you can see, I had a slow ride around the circuit, taking some pictures en route, and was quite impressed with it actually.
I then decided to do a quick lap of the circuit, at speed, and must say it was great fun. Only wish I could have stayed and done a few more but I was very pressed for time.
Going to be a great facility, and an ideal alternative to the turbo, an hour down there I reckon could become quite stressfull....... :lol::lol:

And don't just think that this is going to be the domain of the roadie.
Whilst I was there, a chap popped in on his MTB and did a lap before riding off.

Some great MTB fun could be had there with a few guys and a bit of competetive spirit. :wink:

Get down there and give it a try for yourself.

Plenty of pictures of the track to be seen by looking through this link:

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/mtbe-does-middles ... 12297.html

Thanks for looking. :wink:

Comments

• I was just wondering why your links didn't work. It's because the img/img code is case sensitive. Pic below has the code in lower case.

I'd love to have a similar facility near me - partly for beginners, partly for training.

mbrocyclecircuit002.jpg
  • Thanks for that, I've just posted a link to the pictures on MTBE.co.uk, couldn't seem to reolve what was going wrong, did try the lower case tags, but still wasn't having it. :oops:
  • Thanks for that, I've just posted a link to the pictures on MTBE.co.uk, couldn't seem to reolve what was going wrong, did try the lower case tags, but still wasn't having it. :oops:

I wonder why? I just took the first link (which you've now removed) and changed and into lower case and the pic appeared.
  • Should be racing on it soon enough! Literally a stones throw from my house too.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015