frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited March 2011 in Pro race
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    That was rubbish, not a friendly ghost in sight.... :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    I've (unofficially) done a similar thing. There's a trotting carriage, or whatever they're called, which uses the A48 between Cardiff and Newport, so I 'race' it when I see it. They're surprisingly quick (and I'm unsurprisingly slow).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    RichN95 wrote:
    I've (unofficially) done a similar thing. There's a trotting carriage, or whatever they're called, which uses the A48 between Cardiff and Newport, so I 'race' it when I see it. They're surprisingly quick (and I'm unsurprisingly slow).

Traps, I have seen them on the A48 occasionally but more often along the Wentloog/Lighthouse Road between Newport and Cardiff, they are from the travellers site (they dont seem to do much travelling... but aparently the other word is considered offensive). Have never tried to race them lol.
  • RichN95.
    deal wrote:
    Traps, I have seen them on the A48 occasionally but more often along the Wentloog/Lighthouse Road between Newport and Cardiff, they are from the travellers site (they dont seem to do much travelling... but aparently the other word is considered offensive). Have never tried to race them lol.

Yeah, I've seen it down there too (a nice route with a tailwind, horrible in a headwind). I thought they were training, though. Maybe not. I know the traveller's site. I almost hit a goat there once.
  • deal
    RichN95 wrote:
    deal wrote:

Yeah, I've seen it down there too (a nice route with a tailwind, horrible in a headwind). I thought they were training, though. Maybe not. I know the traveller's site. I almost hit a goat there once.

Yes you are right the wind can be very nasty. I have seen some lovely horses down there so they may well have been training, my brother is into his horses and often meets the travellers at shows/sales etc. he told me they are training for races at a massive travellers fair in Cumbria.
  • RichN95.
    deal wrote:
    , my brother is into his horses

Does he have any hot tips for Cheltenham - I'm going tomorrow. My 'I'm from Newbury' bluff works with my friends, but not with the bookies.
  • deal
    Dont think he follows racing, his main interest seems to be prancing around in jodhpurs and gossiping with teenage girls :?
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    I wasn't sure if I should open this at work. When I saw the thread title I figured FF's adoration for certain riders had gone up to a whole new level.