Full Armstrong SCA testimony

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited March 2011 in Pro race
Blimey

http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/ ... -testimony

Lance wheels out some creationist politician to defend him, someone else releases something embarrassing.

Exciting!
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• cajun_cyclist
    cajun_cyclist Posts: 493
    edited March 2011
    It was over the weekend but I decided not to post it that a Representative Kingston was asking why Lance Armstrong was being investigated and weren't their better uses for tax payer monies, that Armstrong was a hero. The Representative is pictured (?) it almost looks like Lance, perhaps, I'm mistaken, in cycling attire at this article as well. But I do think that is the Representative. Helmets and goggles often make people look similar.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... a3042c3.81
    US Congressman Jack Kingston criticized the ongoing federal probe into seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong and allegations of doping.
  • Thanks for posting that Iain, very interesting. Nice to have something to put next to the transcript. I'll watch a bit more later.

Cajun - that link is full of non-story conflicted nonsense.
  • cajun_cyclist
    cajun_cyclist Posts: 493
    edited March 2011
    Skavanagh, Sorry, Can't make sense of your statement. It quotes the congressman.

Don't even know what warranted the statement of a "creationist politician", sorry, you don't think people have any rights to counter.
  • iainf72

Don't even know what warranted the statement of a "creationist politician", sorry, you don't think people have any rights to counter.

He's a creationist. And he's a politician.

"Real Time" host Bill Maher asked Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) a fairly straightforward question: "Do you believe in evolution?" Kingston not only rejected the foundation of modern biology, he explained it this way: "I believe I came from God, not from a monkey." He added, "If it happened over millions and millions of years, there should be lots of fossil evidence."
    Seriously, that's what he said.

Let's pause to appreciate the fact that it's the 21st century -- and Jack Kingston is a 10-term congressman who helps oversee federal funding on the Food and Drug Administration.

As part of the same discussion, former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell tried to ask Kingston about the overuse of antibiotics. The far-right congressman had no idea how the question related to evolution.

At one point, Kingston, sarcastically, turned to National Review's Will Cain, part of the same roundtable, and said, "Will, help me out anytime you want, buddy."

The assumption, of course, is that Cain, a conservative, must agree with the confused congressman about modern science. Cain responded, "I'm sorry, I believe in evolution."

Will, you're not the one who should be sorry.

http://scienceblogs.com/mikethemadbiolo ... _the_s.php

Therefore he's an idiot.
  • But was Kingston mentioned in the NY Velocity news page listed in the first post? That was the only reason I posted that article without labeling anyone as that is besides the point of Kingston's voicing a defence of Armstrong.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Therefore he's an idiot.

Therefore the thousands of americans who voted for him are idiots too.
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Therefore he's an idiot.

Therefore the thousands of americans who voted for him are idiots too.

Most likely, nay almost certainly.
  • Ianf72 and SKavanaugh are the same person, otherwise, Ian would not have acted like we all know who this poltician was calling him an idiot in the first place and SKavanaugh's stattement is nonsensical as well taking offence that someone even posted an article with the completely unknown politician that is being discussed and being insulting about it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,615
    ThirdCrank wrote:
    Ianf72 and SKavanaugh are the same person, otherwise, Ian would not have acted like we all know who this poltician was calling him an idiot in the first place and SKavanaugh's stattement is nonsensical as well taking offence that someone even posted an article with the completely unknown politician that is being discussed and being insulting about it.
    First post?
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Blimey

http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/ ... -testimony

Lance wheels out some creationist politician to defend him, someone else releases something embarrassing.

Exciting!

Rich, right, the first post gives no clue as to whom Kingston is. Neither does the Velo City website.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Don't forget Iain has a lot of links saved ;)

I think the clue that Iain knew who he was is the 'some creationist politician' in the first post.

Sadly American politics can be very 'one issue' especially if the issue is abortion, fictional historical books or gun control.
  • iainf72
    Jeez, I didn't realise it was that obscure.

Kingston was all over the mainstream media this past weekend defending LA and questioning the FDA investigation. A few days later out pops something which will paint LA in a bad light.

Meh.
  • iainf72
    Obviously wasn't to obscure for NYVelocity who tweeted my link, giving credit to bikeradar
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Well, took a while to watch through that. Armstrong certainly 'doesn't recall' a lot does he!!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I've seen a bit of it so here's my review:

The chat show has long been a formulaic format and with SCA Questions they have attempted to break the mould. An hour an a half on one subject is ambitious. Here Armstrong provides, as, I suspect, will next week's guest Charlie Sheen.

The novel focus on the guest rather than the host is a big move, and to be honest, I don't think it worked. We didn't get to know the host. The tried and trusted topical monologue is good (beef jokes etc). Maybe "Top 10 things you won't hear on Race Radio" would have worked.

It was heavy going. I'd suggest a musicial interval from Adele or Pixie Lott to break things up. Maybe near the end bring in a new guest like John Bishop or Michael MacIntyre, just to lighten the mood a little. They can give a sideways glance on the 99 samples.

Armstrong reveals some things, but he seems defensive. The show needs a host who will open him up. I'd suggest Ant & Dec, Lorraine Kelly or Floyd Landis.

And where's the audience partitcipation? Let's get some of the rabid pro and con LA internet folks on. We could let him gunge them and then arm wrestle Kimmage.

Final review: Some decent in-depth summary, but no showmanship. Two stars **
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I wonder what "Christian" David Walsh has to say about the testimony of "Atheist" Lance Armstrong??