Rider down, Arnos Park

EKE_38BPM
EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Don't worry though, he's OK. I know this because the rider was me.

Just after I came out of the park and was waiting to cross a busy road I was standing with my right foot on the floor and my left still clipped in. I pulled thte front brake and pushed forward on the handlebars to lift the back wheel and as I pushed down on the left pedal to bring the pedals to 3 and 9 o'clock I fell to the left.

No damage to me (physically) or the bike, but the throng of yummy mummys and their kids gathered around to ask if I was OK left me a bit embarrassed.

Seems like I'm not as au fait with my new SPDs as I thought!
FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    :lol:

your missing one of the best little roads in the area by cutting through the park.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Did anyone else just read "I saw all these yummy mummies going past and threw myself to the floor to get some attention" ? :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    Did anyone else just read "I saw all these yummy mummies going past and threw myself to the floor to get some attention" ? :lol:

I had to read that part twice... :)
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • EKE_38BPM
    spasypaddy wrote:
    :lol:

your missing one of the best little roads in the area by cutting through the park.

Which one?
    I'm going from Brookside to cross the North Circ at Powys Lane, so I ride through the parks next to Pymmes Brook. No traffic, just lots of dopey dog walkers to avoid. I often think the dogs have more sense!

One of the mummys who stopped was particularly yummy. Considered playing dead to get some mouth to mouth action.

On the downside, my neck is starting to ache a bit (legacy of a bike Vs stupid driver RTC a few years ago which lead to whiplash).
    I had better do the stretches that my physio taught me to try to nip it in the bud.

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699

I saw something about a yummy mummy's thong first time around.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • EKE_38BPM
    You all have dirty minds. Keep up the good work!

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

One of the mummys who stopped was particularly yummy. Considered playing dead to get some mouth to mouth action.

There is another thread about a receptionist for that sort of talk.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • EKE_38BPM
    redvee wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

There is another thread about a receptionist for that sort of talk.

I think you're wrong there, playing dead seems to be the only way to prevent a receptionist jumping on ya!

• spasypaddy
    morton way (straight over from hampden way at the roundabout). halfway down theres a roundabout thats too big to be classified as a roundabout but is indeed just a circular road with a grassy patch in the middle (actually has a name morton crescent). you can hit that roundabout at 25-30mph and keep the speed up and the feeling of flying through the corners on it is phenomenal.

ive clipped my feet on the road when going around that road. that was pretty hair raising.
  • EKE_38BPM
    I thought that is the road you meant. I prefer going through the park even if it is a little slower due to peds/dogs.

• spasypaddy
    yeah but that roundabout is awesome. used to be the highlight of my commute both ways (until i moved to finchley)