Falcon Cycles - Excellent Customer Service

turkeytickler
turkeytickler Posts: 640
edited March 2011 in Road general
In 1991 when I was 19, I bought a Claud Butler Pagan mountain bike. It cost me £300 and it was the first "proper" bike I ever owned. It gave me the bug, and I have loved cycling in all its forms ever since. WIth it came a brochure of the entire Falcon Cycles (who owned the CB range at that time) range. I read that brochure from cover to cover more times that I could possibly remember. The next year, my Claud Butler got nicked, and some time around then, the brochure either got chucked out or put away somewhere and I never saw it again.

Fast forward 19 years, and I came across retrobikes.co.uk which is dedicated to retro bikes (obv!), and found myself reminiscing about my Claud Butler. I couldn't find any material online for the 1991 product range, so decided nothing ventured, nothing gained, I would contact Falcon cycles to see whether they had a copy of the brochure I could have, or borrow or have a copy of.

I didn't expect a response from the message I sent them via their web site but, but 1 day later I got a response;

- they had 1 copy of the brochure
- they would scan it for me and email me
- they would copy it and put it in the post

The next day, I got the scanned copy via email.
The next day (today) in the post, I received a hard copy of the brochure, colour copied, and staple bound to be as close to the original layout as possible.

I wasn't asked to pay a penny or do anything in return.

Customer service (for a customer of 20 years ago) of this quality is so hard come by, I just felt this deserved a mention.

Thanks Falcon cycles.