Forum home Mountain biking forum Routes, rides and holidays MTB rides

Riding Buddies in Devon

rjmillerrjmiller Posts: 2
edited May 2011 in MTB rides
Anyone ride in Devon, mostly go up on Exmoor or Dartmoor. Want to do a bit more up on the Quantocks as well.

Give me a shout.

Posts

  • PM'd you
  • Where in Devon are you? It's a pretty big place.
  • ripplemanrippleman Posts: 27
    cmon... need to know where abouts you are

    i am south devon (torquay) and always looking for someone to ride with
  • King NutsKing Nuts Posts: 47
    [I live on Exmoor coast & ride Exmoor &Quantocks but I'm a fair weather rider. Sometimes I have a weekday sometimes a weekend day free. When are you available to ride?
    "I"m over the hill so I"m not over the hill" !
  • My wife is supposed to be having a baby tomorrow, so I won't be riding much over the next few weeks. My mate in Ilfracombe is always keen though. If you want to email me your phone number, I'll pass it on.
  • stardudestardude Posts: 255
    well i'm in plymouth if anyone in the area wants to ride :)
  • boogercjboogercj Posts: 316
    If anyone still reads this, I'm in Newton Abbot now and looking for riding buddies. I'm pretty slow at the moment as I let myself go a bit but I'll be riding 3 times a week from now, mostly around Dartmoor and Haldon Forest I guess.
  • stardudestardude Posts: 255
    boogercj wrote:
    If anyone still reads this, I'm in Newton Abbot now and looking for riding buddies. I'm pretty slow at the moment as I let myself go a bit but I'll be riding 3 times a week from now, mostly around Dartmoor and Haldon Forest I guess.

    i am up for a ride pretty uch any time if you want. currently job searching and not being particularly successful :(

    i'm also not the fastest, but i'm getting better.
  • I'm in Exeter and usually ride alone, mainly on Haldon, Woodbury and the odd trip to south wales but I've very recently (this weekend) discovered Dartmoor, which is amazing.

    I work shifts so can't stick to anything regular but I'd love to get out with others more, especially people who know their way around Dartmoor.

    Bucko
    2011 Lapierre Zesty 314
  • focusriderfocusrider Posts: 47
    Hi a group of us ride Dartmoor most Sunday's as well as holidays/Bank hols etc. We have a facebook page called OTH (over the hill) have a look and let us know if you fancy a ride. Did 38km route around Houndtor and out to Hookney Tor and back today (Single track mag Hard route)
  • jrduqueminjrduquemin Posts: 795
    3 words for you all - Dr Blackalls Drive :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • stardudestardude Posts: 255
    jrduquemin wrote:
    3 words for you all - Dr Blackalls Drive :-)

    I really really want to do that run!

    I think we should organise a group trip there :D
  • jrduqueminjrduquemin Posts: 795
    stardude wrote:
    jrduquemin wrote:
    3 words for you all - Dr Blackalls Drive :-)

    I really really want to do that run!

    I think we should organise a group trip there :D

    I'm not gonna be down that way now until July at the earliest though. Took my new Blur LT down it twice last week :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • stardudestardude Posts: 255
    jrduquemin wrote:
    stardude wrote:
    jrduquemin wrote:
    3 words for you all - Dr Blackalls Drive :-)

    I really really want to do that run!

    I think we should organise a group trip there :D

    I'm not gonna be down that way now until July at the earliest though. Took my new Blur LT down it twice last week :-)

    i'm having a bit of trouble finding out where it starts, where it goes and where it ends :(

    dont suppose you have a route do you?

    do you do the extra 1 miles decent bit?
  • jrduqueminjrduquemin Posts: 795
    stardude wrote:
    jrduquemin wrote:
    stardude wrote:
    jrduquemin wrote:
    3 words for you all - Dr Blackalls Drive :-)

    I really really want to do that run!

    I think we should organise a group trip there :D

    I'm not gonna be down that way now until July at the earliest though. Took my new Blur LT down it twice last week :-)

    i'm having a bit of trouble finding out where it starts, where it goes and where it ends :(

    dont suppose you have a route do you?

    do you do the extra 1 miles decent bit?

    I don't have a route for you yet I'm afraid as I've not uploaded the data from my Garmin. The route starts up behind Poundsgate. if you follow the road up through the 'village' and over the top of the hill, there is a parking area to the left as you reach the crest of the hill. That's your start point and the finish point is down behind New Bridge. I also do the extra 1 mile downhill by the treeline :-) i'll upload the route from my Garmin tonight if I remember...
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
Sign In or Register to comment.