Newbie to MTB and this forum

MartyP2011
MartyP2011 Posts: 9
edited March 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi i decided a few weeks ago to get into fitness and buy myself a bike, after a long trawl through sites and reading reviews i decided to purchase a Cube Ltd Comp 2011. I'm intending to be out most mornings and evenings on it (not commuting) and also to head off to do some trails on weekends and the odd weeknight once the days start getting longer.

I'm waiting for the bike to be delivered any day now and can't wait to get out on it. Just wanted to say hi and hopefully see some members out and about in the north east, will probably be heading to places like kielder, hamsterley and chopwell throughout the year.

Also will probably be pestering the forum with advice so be patient with me i'm new.

Thanks
Marty

Comments

• andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Hi and welcome to the forum, Hamsterley is a great place to ride and i'll also be trying out Keilder when it gets a bit warmer :)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Thanks Andy, really can't wait to start riding... seen a few vids of hamsterley looks like a good place with loads of trails, i will be exploring soon enough
  • Thunder1
    Thunder1 Posts: 32
    Welcome
    And nice choice of MTB :wink:

This link below will be useful for the manuals
    http://www.cube.eu/en/service/manuals/

Enjoy your Cube :D
  • thought i would put up some quick pics of my bike, its seen a few miles over the last couple of weeks and i am well pleased with my choice of bike...

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

Oh and a change of peddles as the little bear trap looking things weren't really suited to my size 10 feet

IMAG0190.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Are those DMR V8/V12s? Because... erm, I found them to be a tad on the small side too!
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Nice looking bike mate, enjoy.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • Are those DMR V8/V12s? Because... erm, I found them to be a tad on the small side too!

Yeah new pedals are dmr v8's, haven't took a photo of them fitted yet though