Scale Model

AndyF16
AndyF16 Posts: 506
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
I know it's an MTB, but for a model (exact scale unknown, approx 20cm front dropout to rear dropout) it's pretty cool - don't you think?

photo1.jpg
2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange

Comments

• Perhaps it's some apprentice's work... before the era of IKEA flatpack products, apprentice furniture makers used to build scaled-down versions of wardrobes and drawers in order to practice their joinery skills without wasting huge amounts of wood.
  • If that frame only spans 20cm, exactly how small is the yellow one behind the glass?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    If that frame only spans 20cm, exactly how small is the yellow one behind the glass?

Just about small enough for CafeWanda!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A friend of mine has got an £800 Moulton scale model that is fully working, folding pedals and frame. Looking at the pics on his camera you couldn't tell it was a model.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    If that frame only spans 20cm, exactly how small is the yellow one behind the glass?

Careful, she might stand up and punch you in the ankles for saying things like that... :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Careful, she might stand up and punch you in the ankles for saying things like that... :wink:

No, she'd be forever grateful to him for sourcing her a bike that fits!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    redvee wrote:
    A friend of mine has got an £800 Moulton scale model that is fully working, folding pedals and frame. Looking at the pics on his camera you couldn't tell it was a model.
    £800 for a scale model - are they NUTS! you could buy a real bike for that!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    redvee wrote:
    £800 for a scale model - are they NUTS! you could buy a real bike for that!

I think I might have overquoted the price but the model is a dealer only thing so not available to MotP and it was a Brompton, not Moulton.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.