Chest strap for MD80 type camera

itshowfarʔ
itshowfarʔ Posts: 14
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Does anyone know where I could get such a thing? Tried googling but couldn't find anything suitable. Don't like it on my helmet (ooer) and too much vibration elsewhere. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    They come with a variety of clips and mounts. One of the clips is suitable for a lapel pocket, so could clip to a jersey.

A full-on chest strap would be a bit much for a camera smaller than my thumb.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I've had search around before couldn't find anything for the md80. found ones for the Go Pro etc but they were expensive and you'd still have to bodge it up to work with the md80. I think a DIY job might be the only answer. I foresee a trip to the haberdashery department ...
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Maybe ItsHowFar? doesn't own an MD80 and doesn't realise how small they are? Any chest strap would probably be bigger/weigh more than the camera itself.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    yeah I understand where you are coming from but maybe he/she really wants that particular angle for what ever particular reason?
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    You might want to limited the amount of stuff on your body or in pockets in case you come off and either crush it, or worse it causes you pain when your body lands on it.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I have an MD80 clone and I don't think the chest-strap technique would work that well.

Maybe someone has done a better job than me, but I played around with the various clips provided (mainly just the rubber casing), and fitted that to my rucksack chest strap.

Bare in mind that your moving around a fair bit while on the bike, half the time your'll find the camera is pointing at the floor ;)

I gave up in the end, and I'll either ductape it to the frame or forks, or helmet mount it, like so:

md80s-helmet-cam-big.jpg

* Edit, sorry, didn't realize you had looked at fitting it to the frame/helmet already ;)