LIDL Cycling Underwear

diy
diy Posts: 6,473
edited March 2011 in MTB beginners
I thought I'd post this here, as its more for newbies than folk with all the gear and some idea. I was in lidl yesterday picking over some of their cycling thermal tops "cycling underwear" as its very good at keeping you dry when you sweat.

I noticed the cycling "underpants" had a top quality gel pad, not the usual foam pad that you get with cheap cycling shorts. Absolutely perfect for turning a pair of baggy shorts in to MTB shorts for 7 quid.

I bought some anyway and may well use them on randonee's when two pairs of padded shorts are often required.

Comments

• jonnyc2420
    jonnyc2420 Posts: 557
    i was looking at these the other day (but not your pair.... :oops: )

Be interested to know how you get on with them.......
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    POIDH
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jonnyc2420
    jonnyc2420 Posts: 557
    i could not hold the ladder and camera at the same time......... :lol:
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    I bought a set of the padded shorts last year and they are great. The padding is of the same quality as the ones in the Endura range from CRC. The only thing I would say is a small negative is that they didn't have any grippers on the legs so they can ride up a little but that doesn't bug me under baggy shorts.
  • 123oldman
    123oldman Posts: 268
    Also bought a pair of these and used a couple of times this week on rides, seem nice and comfy with decent padding (similar to endura pads).. Very nice £7 bargain me thinks :lol:
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    went out and got some last night havent tried them out in anger yet but look very good so far.
  • hard-rider wrote:
    I bought a set of the padded shorts last year and they are great. The padding is of the same quality as the ones in the Endura range from CRC. The only thing I would say is a small negative is that they didn't have any grippers on the legs so they can ride up a little but that doesn't bug me under baggy shorts.

I picked up a pair last night (thanks for the heads up DIY!) just in time for my upcoming trip to Afan. This years model does have leg grippers on them - bargain
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    i called in today to get some but they only had BIG sizes left, this happens every time :evil:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    got 2 pairs today.. nice and comfy.. 8)
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    managed to get some today at another store (last pair my size) they feel a bit odd as i've never owned any padded shorts before, i'll be trying them out tomorrow :D
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I field tested mine yesterday with a 30 mile ride. they are as good as any branded short liners I have in terms of fit and comfort. They may not be as tough though, due to being made from thermal material rather than lycra. But for the price - definitely unbeatable.
  • reevie25
    reevie25 Posts: 254
    i got a pair of these aswell, they really are good for the price, i'm a skinny chap but the left over large ones were fine!
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    fancied a long country lane ride today so slipped on my new underpants from lidl, and they were a dream.

sweaty nads to a min and comfy in the seat as well, one ride already got my 7 squids worth :D
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    I got some yesterday along with a jacket, gillet & 3pairs of socks. came to £30 in total so not a bad spend :D
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth