I am DonDaddyd, know me and know fear!

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
The SCR Judication thread

He holds 24mph for half this road. I'm alongside him. He blows up and I power off to finish the remainder at 25mph...

I hold 24mph for half the road and blow up. He passes me.

Set out extra early today, and was hit in the face by the density of a headwind. My legs felt like iron and I was wearing my 3/4 lengths with the hole in crotch so had tights over them, thus I found my thighs and power further restricted.

Still I battled on.

It was a much ado about nothing ride until the traffic lights by Kennington road. Now since I was taken out by another cyclist around these parts, I purposely moved ahead of the lights and the other cyclists but not past the junction. As the lights go green I'm dithering and could care less about SCR. Then Rabbobank rides past, looks and smiles. At first I didn't realise who it was, but that distinctive blue taped frame and meaty calf had all kinds of competitveness seep from my sweat glands.

At the next set of lights I'm powering up like Vegeta

271823-vegeta5_super.jpg

What happens next I have no words for. I can only give visual representation:

470674broly-1-.jpg

Brolly%20v%20Vegeta.gif

1214330652563_f.jpg

DragonballZ-Movie10_1499.jpg

vegeta035.jpg

22569-86803-earthexplodejpg-468x.jpg

I won.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    DDD in crotchless 3/4s. I know fear
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    At the end it kinda looks like you blew up again. Are you sure you won?
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    Two straining, grunting hulks - one in crotchless pants - striving together in sweaty one-on-one riding action and culminating in a mighty climactic explosive release. Not really my cup of tea, but it certainly makes a change from threads about chainrings and panniers.
  • DonDaddyD
    1). LiT I gave no quarter.Like Vincent swimming against he's genetically designed brother, Anton in Gataca, I held nothing back.

2). My 3/4 lengths aren't crotchless, there is a hole along the centre seam of the crotch.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    this is the most homo-erotic thread I have ever read.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights as you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Did you do this?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    this is the most homo-erotic thread I have ever read.

I have to concur

Two blokes, dressed a bit gay scream at each other, some weird cartoon of one of them being pushed into some kind of man peak which grows a hole, then the two blokes look like they climax (one giving one receiving) with some picture of the explosive event.

Don dude. I'm not sure what message you intended to portray here, but you may have expressed some deep seated desire.

Just saying like.

:wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    DDD has a very vivid imagination. The reality was probably more like this...

hey_girl_care_bear.gif
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    2). My 3/4 lengths aren't crotchless, there is a hole along the centre seam of the crotch.

Therefore crotchless.....
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    JonGinge wrote:
    DDD in crotchless 3/4s. I know fear

If I noticed a rider behind me wearing crotchless 3/4s, I'd let him past..........

(then I'd turn into a side street and throw up)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    Surely it'd be quicker just to knock one out in the mirror whilst calling yourself "handsome" rather than write one of your boring monologues on here?
  • DonDaddyD
    Two blokes, dressed a bit gay scream at each other, some weird cartoon of one of them being pushed into some kind of man peak which grows a hole, then the two blokes look like they climax (one giving one receiving) with some picture of the explosive event.

You are talking ill about one of the greatest cartoons to ever grace TV since Transformers, He-man Thundercats and Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. You are talking about the spectacular Dragonball Z.

The first image is Vegeta powering up to 'Super Vegeta' or his ascended super Sayin self. - that's me.

The next image is of Broly the legendary Super Sayin - mega evil bad guy in the movies, which weren't part of the TV show continuity. - That's Rabbobank.

The clip is of the first Broly movie, what we are seeing there is Broly getting the better of Vegeta by grabing him by the face and flying into a boulder so hard it creates the hole around the impact and Vegeta gets knocked. - This is signifies Rabbobanks wheel pulling away from me.

The next image is of a crying Gohan going Super Sayin 2 (and about to give Cell the beat down of all beat downs). That's me having just emerged from a possible defeat.

Then Broly look evil - This is Rabbobanks face.

Vegeta sacrificing himself in that brilliant episode against Majin Buu - This is me and the give no quater, all or nothing approach as i roared past him and past 30mph.

The Earth Exploding. - The power generated from my thighs.
    Food Chain number = 4

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I thought it was a bit more like the aggressive love-making scene from Brokeback Mountain
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    I thought it was a bit more like the aggressive love-making scene from Brokeback Mountain

A film I am glad that I never saw! Luckily the wife didn't want to. :D
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    DonDaddyD wrote:

You are talking ill about a cartoon

The first image is a cartoon

The next image is cartoon.

The clip is a cartoon.

The next image is a cartoon.

Then another cartoon

another cartoon

The Earth Exploding. - The power generated from my thighs. -

Which caused the split? :wink:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • DonDaddyD
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,398
    edited March 2011
    Maybe I'm missing something, but all I see is a load of badly drawn grunts with bad hair wearing gum shields. And I mean REALLY badly drawn - have these people ever actually looked at another human being, or just come up with something based on a third-hand description dictated over the phone? And why is the guy in the last but one picture wearing a push-up bra?*

And I still have only a vague idea what actually happened: DDD ran into that chap in Rabobank kit again, and managed to make it stick this time (I think).

*And before someone comes back with something about that being the style of Japanese cartoons, I'm aware of Japanese graphic conventions, Hiyao Miyazaki et al I can dig - these are still badly drawn. As I said, maybe I'm missing something. I'm grumpy today I'm afraid.

ETA: Sorry, is the first guy - the one with blue balloons for arms - called Vegeta? Does that not sound a tiny bit like Vegetable? Hardly the most awe-inspiring name is it? I'll stop there as I remember what happened to GregT.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I was wearing my 3/4 lengths with the hole in crotch so had tights over them,

3026S_a.jpg
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    rjsterry wrote:
    Sorry, is the first guy - the one with blue balloons for arms - called Vegeta? Does that not sound a tiny bit like Vegetable? Hardly the most awe-inspiring name is it? I'll stop there as I remember what happened to GregT.

Sounds a little like v*gina to me. Again, not very hero-like.
  • DonDaddyD
    You know what, you need to watch Dragonball Z to understand the pure simple beauty of it.
    Food Chain number = 4

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Sounds a little like v*gina to me. Again, not very hetero-like.
    FTFY
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,398
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You know what, you need to watch Dragonball Z to understand the pure simple beauty of it.

I try and have a bit of lie-in on a Saturday so I'm probably not up in time :P

Octonauts or In the Night Garden are more my style these days.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    rjsterry wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I try and have a bit of lie-in on a Saturday so I'm probably not up in time :P

Octonauts or In the Night Garden are more my style these days.

That program is just weird... Sunday mornings should be time to watch Mask (and Venom) but alas its not on anymore

<Topic Derailment />
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    rjsterry wrote:
    Sorry, is the first guy - the one with blue balloons for arms - called Vegeta? Does that not sound a tiny bit like Vegetable?
    The other one sounds like Brocoli.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    _Brun_ wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Sorry, is the first guy - the one with blue balloons for arms - called Vegeta? Does that not sound a tiny bit like Vegetable?
    The other one sounds like Brocoli.

Its all consipracy by the Secret Vegan Society!

Plus one of the guys if memory serves is green coloured...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • This thread.

Funny_Pictures_35813.jpg
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757

DDD could do a remake - Brokebike Mountain :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    This meme from back in the day may help? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI
    FCN 9 || FCN 5