Madison rant

Dick Scruttock
Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
edited March 2011 in MTB general
Currently receiving utterly shit service from Madison. Been waiting since the end of August/early September 2010 for a front axle for my DT swiss front hub, they sent the wrong one out first time round despite me giving the shop the part number and them giving madison it (total incompetence). Despite the shop chasing it up week after week i am still no closer to sorting a axle. Its now at the stage where i might as well just order a new hub for the part i need. MADISON SUCK.

Comments

• Cantact them direct and see wappening?
    Tel: 0870 034 7226

I bypassed Winstanleys and went straight to the distributor when they were pissing about.
  • Deputy Dawg
    Deputy Dawg Posts: 428
    Premium rate number suck.

Try 020 8385 3385 sales@madison.co.uk Fax: 0208 385 3443

;)
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • Dick Scruttock
    Thanks for that info, I have just emailed them direct so i will see what reply i get tomorrow. I have total belief that the shop i have been dealing with have done there best to sort it but i will soon find out if they have....
  • DaveHudson
    DaveHudson Posts: 290
    Do you know if madison 100% have that part in stock? I can check online should it help.

I use them a bit for stock for the shop I work at and have very few problems, I guess sometimes things go wrong.

PM me the part number if you want me to check.
  • Dick Scruttock
    I have no idea if they have the part or not. What i am sure of is that in the past 7 months they will have had DT Swiss orders in. Also they have hubs that they could get the part from to resolve the issue.
  • I'd be surprised if they would take a part out of a new hub to give you a part you ordered, unless maybe it's a warranty part?

Sucks about the wait, but I know some shops say they are doing everything but havn't done anything at all. One of the local shops around here are like that. I went in, asked to have some parts ordered, they said they would be there in 2 days. I came back a week later, and "things were delayed". Another week later I went in, and was speaking to another one of the workers there who said that the guy I went through didn't even place any orders as he was only a mechanic, but everytime I spoke to him he said it was ordered and just delayed. Be weary of human beings!

Not saying that your shop is the imcompetent one, but it could be. I thought this shop was top notch before that happened.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Madison were top notch when I had to get 2 Commencal frames and a jacket swapped under warranty.

Just like Mountain monster I would be suspicious and check that the shop was actually doing there job a lot of shops get the spotty kid who failed the intelligence test at Macdonalds to look after warranty and orders stuff.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Madison are usually excellent, they're the biggest parts distributor in the country. I'd be pointing the finger of blame at the shop!

The only awkward thing is that the DT part numbers will not align with Madison part numbers. If you/the shop have given a DT part number (usually about 20 digits) it won't tally with Madisons, which will be something like HBDTxxxx, may explain the delays.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    If you're that wound up about the wait, why email them?

Get on the phone and find out what's happening!
  • Dick Scruttock
    Monkeypump wrote:
    If you're that wound up about the wait, why email them?

Get on the phone and find out what's happening!

Because i am not currently in the UK...
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    I have no idea if they have the part or not. What i am sure of is that in the past 7 months they will have had DT Swiss orders in. Also they have hubs that they could get the part from to resolve the issue.

Do you have the part number? If so I can tell you if they have it in stock.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • DaveHudson
    DaveHudson Posts: 290
    I already offered DD. Maybe your female charms will draw him in? :o
  • DIESELDOG
    DaveHudson wrote:
    I already offered DD. Maybe your female charms will draw him in? :o

Figured someone would, I tried without but there'a few front axles to go through...

Love n hugs

DD

• Dick Scruttock
    Madison claim the part i need is HBDT999 However i believe i have had this part already and its the wrong one.
  • DIESELDOG
    Madison claim the part i need is HBDT999 However i believe i have had this part already and its the wrong one.

Interesting, That code doesn't work on their b2b site? Unless it's because it's a warranty type item in which case I'd have to call them to get stock levels.

I can't be much help I'm afraid.

Love n hugs

DD

• Dick Scruttock
    Cheers, my bike shop is having the same problem.

They also cannot get hold of the new DT sales manager so its turning into a right pain.
  • DIESELDOG
    If you let me know exactly what it is you're after I can look again on the b2b. It's a bit of a minefield so the more information the better.

I may even have the required part in the workshops box of tricks.

Love n hugs

DD