7 stanes advice

Primalscream
Primalscream Posts: 17
edited March 2011 in Routes
Quick question - What site has the easiest red route? I have been working my way round the blue trails and anticipating what to do once finished these.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Lizzie77
    Lizzie77 Posts: 53
    I would say Newcastleton is probably the easiest. Its the far less popular of them all. It still has some challeges but on the whole its alot easier going than the others. Its also now had part of the blue classed as red, the final stretch and is a great bit of single track downhill, bendy, windy with a few nice little jumps. Flows well but its not tricky, just a good flow with some speed but it can be taken as steady as you like!

I live about 8 miles away and use it regular with it being so close.
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • paul_75
    paul_75 Posts: 61
    i was wondering this myself, im looking to take the mrs to some in the summer, iv done the blue and red at Ae, i enjoyed the red but found the blue to be rubbish apart from a small section riding in the trees, theres no chance she would be able to do the red, she hates big climbs and i reckon some of the down hill sections are a bit steep for her
    took her to drumlanrig a couple of times on the blue and then cut onto the last half of the red section and she liked it, then tried the full red and she couldnt cope with the roots so she ended up walking a fair bit till the bail out
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,008
    I've ridden Kirroughtree, Ae, Mabie & dalbeatie and all of the red routes are pretty epic in terms of distance and terrain. Maybe just go for it and test your metal.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Lizzie77
    Lizzie77 Posts: 53
    Here is a video of the red at Newcastleton, we filmed this a while ago.

part 1

http://www.youtube.com/user/RichTipper# ... 8kXCT4flV8

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/RichTipper# ... wzifaLUyUA

second one s the best IMO
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • I would say Newcastleton are there are no big drops and there is a skills loop at the beginning. Also, its fairly short. :) Have fun