edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Wow, that looks bloody awesome :-D
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Some awesome photos there, great post.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • At least that one looks fairly safe, unlike Mount Huashan, one of the Five Sacred Mountains:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20737445@N ... 777933190/

"What was it about about the Chinese culture that permitted their citizens access to such a dangerous route? I honestly believed that some people died doing this! The only reason we were here was because we didn't know any better. I was incredulous that something this deadly was open to the public."
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    At least that one looks fairly safe, unlike Mount Huashan, one of the Five Sacred Mountains:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20737445@N ... 777933190/

"What was it about about the Chinese culture that permitted their citizens access to such a dangerous route? I honestly believed that some people died doing this! The only reason we were here was because we didn't know any better. I was incredulous that something this deadly was open to the public."

There is no way on earth you would get me anywhere near that. My knees feel funny just looking at the pictures!
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I remember the first time I saw this climb. The very first thing I thought was 'I've GOT to ride that!"
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Looks like a grate place to visit, and the climb is awesome!
    Very nice!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Mattsaw wrote:
    There is no way on earth you would get me anywhere near that. My knees feel funny just looking at the pictures!

If you liked that, you'll love this! Don't let the first 20 seconds put you off.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Mattsaw wrote:

If you liked that, you'll love this! Don't let the first 20 seconds put you off.

Someone could offer me that job for millions of pounds per year and I guarantee you I would turn it down. :shock:
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

My heart was literaly pounding watching that.I hate heights big time but that was just insane.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Seen that before but it is just as impressive to look at it again.

Key question. Has anyone actually cycled it?

I love the idea of doing it but doubt my ability to do so.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It doesn't look steep so should be fine, just a long grind!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    It's the long grinds that get me though :oops:
    I can power up short very steep climbs no problems but give me a few miles of gentle climb and I blow up. Must lose weight and get fit. Winter inactivity costs me every year :shock:

Grossglockner is another that appeals, and Gavia, and Raid Pyrenean, and Raid Alpine.......

In my head I am a climber. On the bike I am a rouler.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Great find.

If you can get a bike inside the cable car the ride down would be great. Mind you earthquake proof description of cable cars might need reviewing now.

1100m of elevation in 11km and 99 hairpins. Alpe d'Huez is 13km, 1100m and 21 bends.

Put this one on the dream list!
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    Oo er thats some climb...
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    looks like an amazing road, would love to ride that one day.
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

wow!