Olympic Tickets

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
Looking at the site today I've started to pick the events and sports I'd like to see. It's unlikely that I'll get any tickets for a high demand venue like the Velodrome or the Aquatic Centre but as it lets you add as many days/sessions as you want onto your wish list you could be potentially looking at buying thousands of pounds worth of tickets just to get a chance of getting any. What's the deal with it anyway. If you can't make it can you get a refund or are the tickets transferable?
Can't seem to find the Terms and Conditions on the site.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Nope. It takes taken straight out of your account if you're given the tickets - so you need to have the cash in your account when you purchase.

Non-refundable.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    edited March 2011
    Looking at the site today I've started to pick the events and sports I'd like to see. It's unlikely that I'll get any tickets for a high demand venue like the Velodrome or the Aquatic Centre but as it lets you add as many days/sessions as you want onto your wish list you could be potentially looking at buying thousands of pounds worth of tickets just to get a chance of getting any. What's the deal with it anyway. If you can't make it can you get a refund or are the tickets transferable? Can't seem to find the Terms and Conditions on the site.

Yes sure, the British Government are delighted and encourage people to tout tickets and to be greedy and apply for tickets and will happily refund your money and run the events in empty stadia when you can't be bothered to attend or realise you have got to wash your hair on the day of the 100m final.

Don't apply for tickets if you don't want them ( or don't want to use the official resale site which will cost you and which is not launched until next year)
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Nope. It takes taken straight out of your account if you're given the tickets - so you need to have the cash in your account when you purchase.

Non-refundable.[/quote]

That's not correct. It will be possible to sell them back at cost price for further distribution.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Look in the FAQ on this page
    http://www.tickets.london2012.com/help.html
    It clearly states that you cannot get a refund, but you can pass tickets onto your family.

Althought you are reccommended to apply for different value tickets for events to increase your chances, but you could end up with multiple tickets for the same event, but you can invite all of us.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Look in the FAQ on this page
    http://www.tickets.london2012.com/help.html
    It clearly states that you cannot get a refund, but you can pass tickets onto your family.

Althought you are reccommended to apply for different value tickets for events to increase your chances, but you could end up with multiple tickets for the same event, but you can invite all of us.

Not according to Seb (go to 5.04)..............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/london_2012/9425138.stm
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Not going, am hoping that they show it on the telly though.
  • 2Phat4Rapha
    2Phat4Rapha Posts: 238
    The cycling road races and TT's are virtually on my doorstep. The road races start on the Mall, go down through Putney and on to Richmond Park, Kingston, Hampton Court, Walton-on Thames, Weybridge, Woking, Guildford, Dorking Box Hill, Leatherhead, Esher and back into town to finish in front of Buckingham palace. The TT's start and finish at the entrance to Hampton Court Palace. Plenty of places to picnic along the way and all for nothing!

btw. maybe nearer the time, could post picnic/partying spots along the way and say hi to cakestoppers.
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • spen666 wrote:
    Yes sure, the British Government are delighted and encourage people to tout tickets and to be greedy

Ooohhh, that's a bit harsh, innit? :shock:

Given the lottery that is the ticket allocation process, a bit of "spread betting" doesn't seem like a bad idea. As other posters have noted there will be ample opportunity to return unwanted tickets for redistribution.

And besides, who knows what might befall any of us in the next 15 months?
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Registered ages ago and now when it finally comes time to do something, I can't get into the site! Tried creating a new account, but still waiting for the conformation email. Guessing that’s because the site is overloaded at the moment. Wasn't too worried about getting tickets, don't think I'll bother now.

:(
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Registered ages ago and now when it finally comes time to do something, I can't get into the site! Tried creating a new account, but still waiting for the conformation email. Guessing that’s because the site is overloaded at the moment. Wasn't too worried about getting tickets, don't think I'll bother now.

You've got a month to buy them don't you?
    It's not first come first serve...
  • Registered ages ago and now when it finally comes time to do something, I can't get into the site! Tried creating a new account, but still waiting for the conformation email. Guessing that’s because the site is overloaded at the moment. Wasn't too worried about getting tickets, don't think I'll bother now.

Yes, I know, just don't think I can be bothered now. Too much work involved...
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    Registered ages ago and now when it finally comes time to do something, I can't get into the site! Tried creating a new account, but still waiting for the conformation email. Guessing that’s because the site is overloaded at the moment. Wasn't too worried about getting tickets, don't think I'll bother now.

Yes, I know, just don't think I can be bothered now. Too much work involved...

Do a paper application, available from lloyds, how hard can it be :?
  • solsurf wrote:

But that would involve me getting of my arse and going to Lloyds. Don't doubt how lazy I can be!

:D
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    solsurf wrote:

But that would involve me getting of my ars* and going to Lloyds. Don't doubt how lazy I can be!

:D

:lol: Give me your card details and the events you want to go to and I'll apply for you :wink:
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    off topic ... they hope to sell 6.6 million tickets .....

unless a ferver develops that aint happening - certainly from UK citizens, I live in Leeds and could not give a monkeys
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    off topic ... they hope to sell 6.6 million tickets .....

unless a ferver develops that aint happening - certainly from UK citizens, I live in Leeds and could not give a monkeys

+1 here-not much for Northern folk other than keep buying those lottery tickets to fund it-shame even the rowing wasnt assigned to Holme Pierpoint in Notts and thats hardly North either.Anyone else feel a group action for breach of human rights coming on?Thinking about it,we could organise a rival games with original sports such as cheese throwing and whippet chasing etc.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • nevman wrote:
    ...we could organise a rival games with original sports such as cheese throwing and whippet chasing etc.

Or maybe re-introduce some old events, such as town planning?
  • I applied for the women's beach volleyball in the morning and women's keiren/men's team pursuit finals in the evening - Max cost of 230, min cost of 140.

I'm thinking the hotels will be astonishingly expensive. A B&B somewhere in East London the night before & a few bevvies then a great day of sport! :D
    What wheels...? Wheelsmith.co.uk!
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    spen666 wrote:
    Yes sure, the British Government are delighted and encourage people to tout tickets and to be greedy

Ooohhh, that's a bit harsh, innit? :shock:

Given the lottery that is the ticket allocation process, a bit of "spread betting" doesn't seem like a bad idea. As other posters have noted there will be ample opportunity to return unwanted tickets for redistribution.

And besides, who knows what might befall any of us in the next 15 months?

Think he just jumped on his moral high horse a bit quickly.
    I've no interest in profiteering from tickets. As has been mentioned above we don't all live in a tube ride of London and if we were going to an Olympic event it would be a one trip deal. Hence the question about spreading the betting on a few events on different days.
    Would really like to go to the Velodrome or the Aquatic Centre events but any where GB are in with good medal chances will be so heavily oversubcribed.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I've applied for a load of tickets using the strategy of apply for everything and hopefully get lucky with a couple of events.

So hope i am successful...but not too successful otherwise i could be getting a bill of about £4000!

I applied for the women's beach volleyball in the morning and women's keiren/men's team pursuit finals in the evening - Max cost of 230, min cost of 140.

I'm thinking the hotels will be astonishingly expensive. A B&B somewhere in East London the night before & a few bevvies then a great day of sport! :D

rookie error - the woman's beach volleyball crowd will be full of perving guys with their cameras trying to close up arse shots, you want to go to the men's beach volleyball for crowd full of perving women. Who will get so impressed by the lone straight man in the crowd, a man obviously so at ease and confident with his sexuality that he will also be a great lover....well that is the plan anyway :D
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Not going, am hoping that they show it on the telly though.

Got into work to an e mail from a mate who says he has put in for a load of velodrome tickets for "us". Cheers old bean 8)