Other forums....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Just had a look about on t'interweb at some other commuting bike forums, they seem to be quite boring and about bikes, commutes, air horns and cameras - who'da thunk.....nothing quite compares to the range of personalities on this forum and the range of topics and perspectives.

One in particular seems to have allot of topics nicked from this forum! The scumbags; may they burn in the fires of Hades for a day or two.

Chapeau to all of you

Carry on :-)

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Why were you looking at other bike forums? I'm sure Mrs GTVLusso wouldn't be too impressed if you started looking at other women and you would be punished (sleeeping in the spare room/on the sofa) even if you told her she was easily the best woman in the world.

As punishment maybe you should be made to frequent Commuting General for a while?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I'll be good :-(
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    As punishment maybe you should be made to frequent Commuting General for a while?

Solitary confinement? :shock:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Just had a look about on t'interweb at some other commuting bike forums, they seem to be quite boring and about bikes, commutes, air horns and cameras - who'da thunk.....nothing quite compares to the range of personalities on this forum and the range of topics and perspectives.

One in particular seems to have allot of topics nicked from this forum! The scumbags; may they burn in the fires of Hades for a day or two.

Chapeau to all of you

Carry on :-)

Who's nicking our (TM) topics??? (TM)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Used to read a certain america-centric commuting forum but last month the works firewall decided to block it! This one still works though, wonder why? Would have thought the 'Girls in lycra shorts' thread would be enough to kill it stone dead.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Sod the solitary confinement, thats too soft. Make GTV ride a £99 full suspension BSO on his commute :twisted:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    This is the happy medium forum. I dip into another couple. One is a similar news and reviews site and it is like Harrogate on half day closing. Genteel & stone dead. The other seems to attract the kind of people that just like shouting at each other whatever the topic.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Other forums? What other forums - I've never seen any therefore they don't exist
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    I worked out I've made in the region of 20,000 forum posts all told over the last 10/11 so yes there are some other forums out there. This is the only one I've posted on in about six months or so - a couple of others I used to post on I glance at now and then like overclockers which has a few people from here on it, avforums as well.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    edited March 2011
    I love you big man sniff*
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Membership here confers a professional qualification. You are entitled to append your name with the letters MTFU.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    This is the happy medium forum. I dip into another couple. One is a similar news and reviews site and it is like Harrogate on half day closing. Genteel & stone dead. The other seems to attract the kind of people that just like shouting at each other whatever the topic.

LFGSS.?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Come on, it's not their fault. Hormones play havoc in your ealy teens.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.