Fancy a free SR? Fancy being Evans Cycles' sponsored rider?

busterman
busterman Posts: 88
From Evans Cycles' Ride It! blog:

Do you ride Audaxes? Then read this post! | Evans Cycles | Ride It Blog | News, reviews, how-tos

A couple of weeks ago, the nice folks from Audax UK approached us that they were looking for a sponsored rider. “That sounds interesting” I thought, so further I enquired, what they meant by “sponsored” exactly. They have limited resources, but what they’ve put together is pretty great, in my opinion:
One year membership to Audax UK
    Entry into a local (to them) super-randonneur series of our events. (i.e. one each of 200, 300, 400 and 600km rides) Train/petrol money to get you to the events Bit of cake money to keep you pedalling
This includes the following events:
    Sun 27 March, 200km, Stevenage Sat 16 April 300km, Hailsham, East Sussex Sat 7 May 400km, Hailsham, East Sussex Sat 21 May 600km, Hailsham, East Sussex
So now we are trying to find a rider who
a) likes audaxes and is capable of completing these distances
b) lives in London or in South East England, and
c) is willing to write engaging event reports of all four rides for our blog

If you think you fit the bill, all you have to do is to send us a report of a past event you’ve completed, that is no longer than 300 words by this Friday (18th March) to community.manager@evanscycles.com and we’ll pick the winner next Monday

Comments

• busterman
    busterman Posts: 88
    Now that the winner has been told the good news, I can let you know a few more details.

Evans Cycles' sponsored audax rider this year is Paul Martin. Paul is an Audax UK member, who completed his first Super Randonneur (200km, 300km, 400km and 600km events in a single year) last year. This year he's aiming for Paris Brest Paris, and will blog his rides right up to and including PBP on Evans Cycles' website. Congratulations Paul!

I'll link his ride reports on here as he posts them.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I did 26 km last night if you want me to write about that?

Plus, I once saw a breast in Paris.
  • ADIHEAD
    ADIHEAD Posts: 575
    NapoleonD wrote:

Only one breast?
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    ADIHEAD wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Only one breast?

you know how exspensive things are over there :lol:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story