Whistler Accomodation

patchesuk
patchesuk Posts: 96
edited April 2011 in MTB general
Hello,

I'm looking at going out to Whislter for a month or so from the end of July... does anybody have any contacts for accomodation? I'd rather go for a recommendation then play the lottery with all the stuff online.

Thanks for any help!
Clint.
Think I need a bigger Garage.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I've stayed at the Blackcomb Lodge a couple of times. Decent enough place and not too expensive, though only been there for the ski season.

Bang in the centre of Whistler village so you're in the middle of everything, though can be noisy outside.

Rooms are a good size (massive by European standards, average by North American). Good options if you have a group as they do studio suites with many beds.

Usually booked through a regular travel agent (e.g. Crystal) or the likes of Expedia. Again, that's been for skiing though.

Not sure if the location is suitable for bike trips. Don't know where the trails are. I assume they're serviced by the ski lifts though. Also not sure on bike storage. They certainly do ski storage.
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    Stay in "staff" over the summer period.

Basically, it's the accommodation used for Whistler/Blackcomb mountain staff employed over the winter period, but there's generally availability over the summer. My mates who rent a house in the winter tend to stay in staff over summer because there's only a few of them who stay all year round and the house is too expensive unless it's fully occupied.

Be warned though, it's more like student halls than a swanky hotel, but it's dirt cheap and a great laugh (I was up there for a couple of parties on NYE this year).

It also has an awesome location for riding. You literally ride out of your door, down about 300m of slope and then you're at the lift :)

Call up Whistler/Blackcomb staff relations and they should be able to help you out.
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    How much money are you planning to spend on accommodation? Staff housing is cheap but noisy. Anywhere in the village is a good spot as it's easy to access rides from there.
    But you can ride from anywhere. There are loads of places just outside the village too. You could try the UBC or Fireside Lodge in Nordic. You might even be able to rent a house if you've enough people. Or put an ad out looking for a room in a house for a couple months. Try the local paper 'Whistler Question'. You never know.
    Have fun.
    Many happy trails!
  • patchesuk
    patchesuk Posts: 96
    Thanks for the help people!

Very usefull!
    Think I need a bigger Garage.
  • Mickal
    Mickal Posts: 67
    Hey Guys.

I know you're looking for somewhere in July but as this is a recent relevant post to anyone else looking I have a 1 bedroom apartment which I'm looking to rent out for May and June, possibly longer.

It would be ideal for anyone looking to come out for the season and find a job as an early season rental before most of the leases that start in July.

It has a Huge Bedroom and a Kitchen/Lounge with a balcony. 6 minute cycle to the Village and Lifts, there is also a bus stop on the highway only 100 meters away.

There is room to bring your bikes inside and a deck where you can work on bikes.

Cheers

http://whistler.en.craigslist.ca/apa/2319897412.html
    Ooops, I broke my leg. Jersey, The original and better
  • Mickal
    Mickal Posts: 67
    Hey Guys.

I know you're looking for somewhere in July but as this is a recent relevant post to anyone else looking I have a 1 bedroom apartment which I'm looking to rent out for May and June, possibly longer.

It would be ideal for anyone looking to come out for the season and find a job as an early season rental before most of the leases that start in July.

It has a Huge Bedroom and a Kitchen/Lounge with a balcony. 6 minute cycle to the Village and Lifts, there is also a bus stop on the highway only 100 meters away.

There is room to bring your bikes inside and a deck where you can work on bikes.

Cheers

http://whistler.en.craigslist.ca/apa/2319897412.html
    Ooops, I broke my leg. Jersey, The original and better